Please register earlybird (prior to October 13, 2023) to receive your manual at event and review your materials. Video viewing is live once order is paid in full. Candidates have up to six months after the training to complete exam process (however, we recommend sooner).
This foundation aquatic fitness Instructor program provides leaders with shallow & deep water techniques to design a group exercise program for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels. This onsite practical training will provide instructors with tools to plan a purposeful lesson utilizing basic moves and working/body positions to progressively adjust intensity. The goal is to provide a total body group exercise program with a thorough understanding of how to safely and effectively target the cardiovascular system as well as focus on exercises for muscular strengthening, flexibility and balance training. Leaders will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) sessions. We do recommend that you have taken some aquatic fitness classes and are comfortable in the water, however, no experience is necessary – just a love of the water and willingness to become a dynamic fitness leader! Please note that candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory & practical assessment).
We strongly recommend that you register and review materials prior to the training. The onsite workshop will be guided by a Certified Master Trainer Fay Curley with focus on learning a variety of basic moves and techniques to plan a safe, effective and enjoyable 45-60 minute lesson plan.
Early bird Registration Date: October 13, 2023
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer Fay Curley
- WaterART Fitness Shallow & Deep H2O Manual with study guide questions & answers
- App videos are via smart device such as a phone/tablet/ipad. Vimeo video stream works via link on any device. DVDs are hard copies that must be shipped.
- Everyone receives unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App of the following videos (for six months with registration membership). If you become an Enthusiast/Certified member (optional program ) streaming is unlimited as long as you are a member. Video viewing is available once order is paid in full & head office admin updates the order.
- WaterART Fitness Educational App (downloadable from App Store or Google Play on all smart devices) Vimeo Video Streaming which views on both computers/smart devices
- V230-Intro to Shallow & Deep Programming
- V207 Shallow Water Lesson Planning
- V206 Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V181 Cardio Combo’s in Shallow Water
- V178 Shallow H2O Working Positions
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V188 Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- DVD008 Advanced Deep H2O Training
- V193 Deep Noodles
- V190 Combo teaching Shallow & Deep
- V208 Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V211 Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- V284 How to Complete the Exam process
- 5 Laminated pool reference cards
- Comprehensive Certification Examination Process (theory & practical assessment)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
- Zoom Help sessions after the training
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion of exam process.
Note: Instructor manual is required for your to reference once Certified – also full of helpful information. Candidates may request manual ship in advance or pick up at the workshop.
What to Bring:
- Wear Layered clothes to move around in for classroom session
- Lunch or snack & Water Bottle
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Water-shoes are preferred wear