During Corona Virus Pandemic:
To help all of our professionals out – we offered some benefits to our re-certified process- and continue to add more options to re-qualify.
Benefits from March 17, 2020 – July 17, 2020:
If you register for a course home study certification or 16.0 CEC package course with quiz and video(s) – all candidates will be automatically renewed or updated for two years from their expiration date without late fees. Candidates were also given an additional 4 months to complete the examination process (10 months instead of 6 months) and they will have another updated certification renewal when the newest level is passed and completed.
Benefits from July 17- Sept 17, 2020 – Currently qualified instructors will receive a complimentary renewal when they purchase another level of Certification or renew with 16.0 continuing education course credits. Both onsite (when registered) and home study education will give candidates the same materials to review. Quizzes are for you to self test and experience our new online quiz system. There is no time limit and to avoid added stress -you may take the time you need to complete the quizzes successfully online.
We resumed our regular re-certification protocols as of Sept 17, 2020.
To meet liability standards, all instructors re-qualify every two years or sooner. All Certified Instructors have 2 options to renew any level Certification via onsite education and/or home study.
Of the 16 hours of re-certification hours, a minimum of 8 hours must be specific to WaterART training. Up to eight hours may be Non WaterART (see proper rules below). For home study training, you may purchase quizzes for videos/ DVD’s or a package of quizzes & videos. Everyone must purchase their own resources -we don’t allow sharing. A great option is to take 16.0 CEC home study program -for automatic updates. When you register for full 16.0 CECs – your qualifications are automatically updated for two years from your current expiration date and renewal fee is included. We know that a lot of our professional enjoy onsite training and there are limited program options onsite. Candidates will be given the links of quizzes to review; however, we will give your requalifications now so that you are not further stressed. We do recommend you trying our new quiz system so that you can test yourself on how you are doing.
option 2) Complete another level of certification (prior to your current certification expiring). In doing so, this will automatically renew your existing levels & the bonus is that you do not pay a renewal fee. Realize that your renewal will be updated for an additional 2 years from when you pass the newest exam. Comprehensive exams require both theory & practical examination whereas Specialty Certification requires only theory part of the exam unless candidates prefers a practical assessment. All practical assessments will be done via video submission or Skype/Face Time with a Certified Master Trainer or video upload ( request a link to upload this).
- Check if your certification up to date.
- Emergency safety is up to date.
Select renewal option below:
- Option 1: 16 Hours CEC from Home Study or Onsite Events/ Up to 8 Hours Non-WaterART hours. Pay renewal fee.
- Option 2: Complete another level certification and receive a free renewal.
- Submit paperwork if Non WaterART CECs (up to 8 hours).
- Pay renewal fee if applicable for either on-time or late; if select Option 1.
- Complete examination process for Option 2.
- Option 1: All Qualifications will be updated for two years from existing Certfication expiration date.
- Option 2: All qualifications will updated for two years from the passing date of the newest exam. Processing time is one to two weeks.
Learn More About CEC
Each Instructor must obtain 16 CECs hours program (Continuing Education Credits) within the 2-year certification period prior to their expiry date to qualify for renewal.
Candidates may complete:
- On-site CECs Workshops
- Home Study Quiz Hours (All videos have corresponding quizzes).
All CEC hours that have been obtained or registered directly with WaterART Fitness, are kept on file.
Once the candidate has obtained these hours, all certification levels will be renewed for 2 years from the expiration date with the submission of this renewal form with payment.
For example, if the expiration date is August 24, 2020, CEC hours must be achieved between August 24, 2018 and August 24, 2020.
Quizzes never expire from date when purchased. However, candidates may not reuse the same quiz for different renewal period. Each quiz is worth 2.0 hours of CEC's.
Non-WaterART Fitness Hours
To submit NON WaterART CECs for a maximum of 8.0 credits you submit the following (scan/email /mail):
- Certificate of course completion (this should include date of onsite training, hours of training, location of training name of workshop and Master Trainer/presenter /official signature,
- Short agenda or overview itemizing hourly breakdown of the course (We need to see that you have completed enough hours.),
- Instructor biography of Master Trainer/presenter/official signature or teacher of program,
- Pay a review fee for Non WaterART hours/ if you have not completed WaterART required hours OR submit renewal fee payment with all paperwork.
All courses must be onsite CEC hours. We are currently looking into virtual and live CECs but as of today this is not approved. We do not accept home study from other Non WaterART continuing education providers.
CEC hours could be from the following any approved courses such as a University, College, FPAO/OFC, ACE, APFA, NFLA. YMCA, teaching any courses on fitness, kinesiology, coaching, nutrition, lifestyle coaching, adult learning courses, anatomy, biomechanics, injury risk, University transcripts for Exercise Science courses etc.
Candidates may not utilize any emergency safety or life guarding hours as this is required in addition to your CEC hours.
- WaterART Fitness does not accept pre-choreographed training programs since this does not allow for individual modifications nor self paced exercise design.
- WaterART Fitness does not accept Non WaterART Home Study Programs, because of they have not been approved by our insurance provider.
- WaterART Fitness does not accept emergency safety hours as part of the CEC renewal hours (as you need this in addition to your 16.0 CEC hours)
Non WaterART hours will only be reviewed once we have received
- All of the above paperwork /pre-review payment,
- Minimum of 8.0 CEC WaterART Hours,
- Maximum of 8.0 Non- WaterART Hours,
- Certification Renewal payment.
If you have applied or trained for a new certification but do not complete this before your current WaterART Certification expiry date, you will be required to:
- Pay a LATE renewal fee,
- Complete a new practical assessment.
If a candidate has multiple certifications, all certifications will have the same common renewal date (which is two years from the passing date of the most recent exam). When successfully completing another level of Certification before the candidates expiration date, there will be no fee will be required and candidates will automatically be issued an electronic Certification Diplomas from the passing date of the newest qualification.
Successfully completed another level of certification before the expiration date:
- No fee will be required,
- Candidates will automatically be issued electronic Certification Diplomas from the passing date.
If hard copies are required, a charge of $15.00 shipping fee is required.
Yes. All candidates will need to maintain their own Emergency Safety Qualifications, such as:
- current life-guard qualification,
- valid CPR/FIRST AID/AED.
This is written on the Certification Diploma as dates typically do not coincide.
No. You may find out how to and more about our Membership Program.