Learn with this program that improves functionality for Seniors with water exercise. Research clearly illustrates how movement in H2O will improve ADL’s (activities of daily living). Training in water provides a protective environment which naturally balances the body to easily train posture and balance – a key to aging well. The program includes theoretical and practical testing that will cover how specific H2O exercises will have a positive effect for the aging population including those with common medical conditions. This program is perfect for anyone who would like to work with our senior population.
- WaterART Senior H2O Instructor Manual (390 pages). This is a hard copy for reference especially after you are Certified.
- Study guide questions & answers
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App (viewing on Smart devices) unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers (viewing on all devices) OR mailed DVDs of the following videos:
- V196-Intro to Senior Fitness Tutorial
- V180- Shallow Water Workout Warm Ups
- V197- Senior Moves and Working Positions
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V059-Fun with Function Workout
- V061-Programming for Common Hip Problems
- V062-Programming for Common Knee Problems
- V063-Programming for Common Back Problems
- V111 –Senior Fitness workout
- V112- Senior Fitness Tutorial (2 programs)
- 5 Laminated pool reference cards
- Comprehensive Certification Exam Process (theory & practical assessment)
- Optional upon checkout to upgrade for Vimeo Video Streaming for computers or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately (everyone receives the WaterART Fitness Educational App streaming with your purchase)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART & complimentary update of existing qualifications (if applicable) when successfully with exam process.
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
|Chapter 1||Why Water Fitness for the Older Adult?|
|Chapter 2||Professional Considerations|
|Chapter 3||The Aging Process|
|Chapter 4||Functional Fitness|
|Chapter 5||Functional Fitness Assessments|
|Chapter 6||The WaterART Fitness System|
|Chapter 7||The Exercise Blueprint for Senior Populations|
|Chapter 8||Posture & Gait|
|Chapter 9||The Science of Movement|
|Chapter 10||Starting Point for Common Medical Conditions|
|Chapter 11||Other Medical Conditions|
|Chapter 12||Programming Medical Conditions ,Joint Conditions|
|Chapter 13||Environmental Considerations For The Older Adult Population|
|Chapter 14||Certification Examination Process|
|Chapter 15||Resources & Liability Forms|
|Chapter 17||Answers to Study Questions|
|Chapter 18||How to Complete the Certification Process, Theory Exam And Practical Assessment Marking Templates|
WaterART offers 3 styles of Videos for your educational needs:
a ) What is a Workout Video is a start to finish follow- a- long program. Learn a template for total body benefits from start to finish. A great way to learn flow and fast track your lesson plan.
b)What is a Tutorial Video – A tutorial is a video-guided PowerPoint presentation with a Certified WaterART Master Trainer which reviews all the classroom sessions and information that instructors would typically receive if attending an on-site training event. Video tutorials are an excellent investment as they can be reviewed several times, especially if the information is new and somewhat overwhelming. We highly recommend our guided tutorials to those who are not familiar with exercise science.
c) Educational Videos offer a multitude of exercise inventory and ideas. Often in a program you can’t teach or train every exercise and variety and progress are the cornerstones of efficacy.
More Questions? Contact Us