Learn to train New Instructors in a convenient and affordable manner. Currently, this is by Application only.
We all know the Covid-19 Pandemic has greatly impacted our fitness industry. Presently, there is a severe shortage of instructors to lead group exercise classes. WaterART has developed a program to help passionate professionals to mentor new instructors. WaterART will help you to rebuild your team by helping you to work practically to guide new instructors through the certification process. Instructor Trainers will able to utilize the WaterART Educational Resources to train your staff and/or new instructors and mentors would receive $125.00/candidate compensation for guiding a new instructor successfully through the certification process.
Who should Apply:
- Our objective is to prepare local Instructor Trainers for a leadership role to mentor new and existing instructors with practical classes and experiences so that they may become fully certified to deliver enjoyable group exercise programs.
- Applicants should already be Certified in WaterART Shallow & Deep Water Fitness and have at least two other certification levels with WaterART Fitness.
- Interested applicants should have excellent leadership experience training adults as well as a keen interest in facilitating instructor training sessions and a keen ability to learn.
- This training will teach you how to train candidates to become Certified as a Shallow & Deep Water Instructor
- Candidates should write a one page letter on how they would contribute to the WaterART fitness team and what they feel their strengths and/or weaknesses would be. Our goal is to help you to become successful with this Mentorship program and grow your team.
- Via zoom video conferencing and email, we will review all the necessary information to be able to facilitate the practical education for guiding new instructors.
Working with the Educational Director through the program, the Instructor Trainer will:
- Review the practical components of becoming a Shallow & Deep H2O Instructor with focus on lesson planning and practical teaching skills and drills
- Ultimately, the Instructor Trainer candidate must have a thorough understanding of how to teach their new instructors to lead a safe and purposeful class. Therefore, they will need to review the full WaterART home study program so they understand what the new instructor candidate is receiving. The Instructor Trainer is not teaching the entire program (as candidate has full home study materials and would be required to review their manual and videos prior to working with the Instructor Trainer). The goal of the Instructor Trainer is to simply guide new instructors through the practical experience so that they may lead a safe, effective and enjoyable class.
- Ideally the Instructor Trainer will have regularly scheduled classes and they will allow the instructor in training to participate and/or shadow their programs (whatever schedule works for the Instructor Trainer)
Responsibilities of an Instructor Trainer
- Become familiar with the registration process, course requirements and learn how to assess a practical onsite exam using the marking template.
- Effectively guide New Instructor candidates through the certification and examination process in a practical way.
- Communicate to the WaterART Educational Director the dates, times and how the programs will be organized, realizing that the Instructor Trainer will decide the schedule that will work best for their facility and time. We envision an Instructor Trainer teaching the new Certification candidate by attending their classes and assist with teaching parts of the class until they are confident and comfortable to deliver an entire program. There are many options that will work and we know that Instructor Trainers will be working more one on one to coach the new instructors.
- Should be able to write out a schedule and plan that is doable to help the new instructor complete and achieve their certification program successfully within six months of starting the program.
- Help the new candidates order their home study program via the WaterART website so that they have all the required course materials and they have an account to display their qualifications and order history.
- We all know everyone learns uniquely and learning how to deliver a safe, effective and enjoyable program takes time and practice.
- WaterART recommends that the Instructor Trainer works the mentorship program into their schedule of their programs. For example if you are already teaching regular group exercise classes, you could have the new instructor participate in your classes and then mentor them to lead parts of a class to gain the valuable experience of leading a purposeful program.
- Your personalized folder via Google docs of teaching materials (once review is completed and assessment is successful)
- Unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App and Vimeo Videos Streaming (six months) of the following videos as long as Instructor Trainer maintains their Certified Qualification & Certified Membership status :
- V230-Intro to Shallow & Deep Lesson Planning
- V207 Shallow Water Aqua Fitness Lesson Planning
- 189-Deep H2O Lesson Planning Tutorial
- V206- Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V178-Shallow H2O Working Positions
- V188 Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- V190- Combo teaching Shallow & Deep
- V208 Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V211 Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- V193-Deep Noodles
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V195-Safe Deck Teaching
- V284 How New Instructors complete the examination process (to view)
- You will complete 8 x 2.0 CEC quizzes
- 16.0 CECs for recertification once quizzes are completed.
- Automatic update of all existing qualifications for two years from current qualification date
- After zoom training sessions Instructor Trainer Candidates will be required to present a 30 minute a video on a particular topic of the agenda as well as present a 30 minute follow along class (as if teaching on deck). The goal is to demonstrate visual and verbal cueing techniques that are necessary to command safety and efficacy of the programs.
- Mentorship Instructor Trainer will earn 16.0 CECs for their WaterART Re-certification
Please Email WaterART for any questions or interest
If you are already a Master Trainer and need some CECs hours click here