This shallow water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating programs that focus on helping seniors in the water with functional activities of daily living to help maintain independence as well as quality of life. Training in water provides a protective environment which naturally balances the body to easily train posture and balance – a key to aging well. The program includes theoretical and practical testing that will cover how specific H2O exercises will have a positive effect for the aging population including those with common medical conditions. This program is perfect for anyone who would like to work with our senior population.
Saturday November 11 & 18, 2023 1-5 pm EDT – Senior “Fun”ctional Fitness Workshop: Did you know that training on the wall will not train posture, balance and core or help movement on land. Use the three-dimensional resistance and protection of the water! Review how to incorporate the buoyant and invigorating properties of water to create an enjoyable program to motivate clients and keep them coming back for more. Start with simple exercises then progress movement to aid with improved function for daily activities, social events and family outings. Learn to incorporate suitable equipment at the appropriate time. Best of all – put the FUN back into function!
Saturday November 11 & 18, 2023 – Programming for Common Medical Conditions Workshop: Review general guidelines for helping your clients/patrons with orthopaedic (hip, knee, shoulder, back, neck ), neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, arthritis, obesity, hypertension, diabetes and other debilitating medical conditions. Review safety tips on how to modify or progress an exercise to provide patrons with safe and effective programming.
You do not need a pool to participate in this event. The agenda of the day will show both theoretical and practical applications to build a more purposeful program. We will keep you moving and thinking of safe and enjoyable exercises to keep your patrons moving. You may chat and ask questions throughout the day – to be answered at the end of the day or prior to lunch session. If you do have topics you would like address please let us know as we may easily include this in the program – if relevant to the topic.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual Zoom practical training by Certified Master Trainers & Vimeo Streaming of the following videos
- No quizzes or exams with online option -but you do need to be on the video conference program 8 hours.
- V197-(water) Senior Moves and Working Positions with Julie Twynham
- V201 Programming for Common Shoulder Problems with Julie Twynham
- V202-In the Pool Exercise for Common Shoulder & Neck Issues with Joanne Hannan
- V203-Dynamic Posture Training with H2O Scapular Retraction with Julie Twynham
- V180- Shallow Water Workout Warm Ups with Drusilla Leitch
- DVD082-Senior Shallow H2O Cycling
- DVD081- Senior Mind Body Program
- You will receive a Zoom link and you may link on and review training session in your own home. Try to have a chair handy and a space to move safely (as if you are demonstrating on deck). You may chat your questions or email us questions in advance.
- candidates receive a recording of the training for six months after the event via Vimeo Video streaming
- quizzes for 8.0 of recorded video showcase which may be completed via online google docs multiple choice exams
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART which will automatically update and renew your qualifications for two years from existing expiration date.