Certified Personal Trainers are in demand as the need for one on one or small group programming grows during the pandemic.
We all know participation in regular physical activity elicits a number of favorable responses that contributes to a healthy aging process. The adults of today understand the importance of exercise and staying active. Functional Fitness is geared towards helping the aging population to maintain activities of daily living and independence as opposed to hard core fitness programs that are often too intense or too much impact for most people aged 40+ years of age. This aging population has a huge variance in health histories, fitness experience and goals and need realistic and purposeful personalized fitness programming. Whether one on one training or a specialized small group – a qualified personal training is helpful to keep their clients exercising safely, effectively and enjoyably.
Aging, a complex process, and is influenced by many variables including genetics, lifestyle factors, work environment, health history and purpose in life. An individualized program can help clients to improve function for activities for daily living, work on injury prevention, provide improvement for their sporting activities, add vitality to travel, as well as maintain and improve general health to age well.
The goal of this program is fourfold.
- To help the professional diversify and expand their career opportunities
- To help the client receive specific training exercises and tips to individualize their training program. In doing so, this will help to fast track and achieve specific results.
- Learn a diverse inventory of land fitness exercises using functional equipment such as fit bands, tubing with handles, fit balls, steps and other cost effective home equipment.
- Learn how to teach in person or provide virtual training for your clients
- WaterART Land Personal Training Manual (466 pages)
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App via smart devices unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers of the following programs:
- VD117- Intro to Land Personal Training
VD118 –Standing Workout Tubing with Handles
VD119-Health Screening for Personal Training
VD120 Functional Fitness Toolbox with Julie Twynham
VD121 Upper Body & Core Inventory Toolbox with Julie Twynham
VD122- Lower Body Inventory Toolbox with Julie Twynham
VD123-Stay Functional and Motivated with Janet Rollero
VD124-Coaching and Programming for Personal Training on Land with Julie
VD125-Case Study Tips when Training Your Client with Janet Rollero
VD126-Personal Trainer Case Study with Sharon McDonnell
- Laminated Case Study & Program reference cards
- Certification Exam Process (theory & practical assessment via Zoom, Facetime or Google meet)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
|Chapter 1||Personal Training -the opportunity to help clients Age Well
|Chapter 2||Exercise Physiology
|Chapter 3||Understanding Basic Anatomy & Joint Mechanics.
|Chapter 4||Know Your Muscles
|Chapter 5||Cardiovascular Training Programs
|Chapter 6||Posture, Balance and Functional Training Program|
|Chapter 7||Designing Flexibility & Range of Motion Programs|
|Chapter 8||Reviewing Client Information
|Chapter 9||EXERCISE INVENTORY
|Chapter 10||The Art of Coaching
|Chapter 11||Case Study
Program Design & Implementation
|Chapter 12||BUSINESS BASICS
|Chapter 13||Developing a Program card
|Chapter 14||Study Guide Questions & Answers, Resources|
|Chapter 15||Study Questions and Resources|