The H2O Running Instructor Certification course covers two formats of aquatic running appropriate to the many populations and skills in group exercise programs:
1. Shallow H2O Running High Intensity Training System (HITS) Program especially designed for muscular balancing and injury prevention AND High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This program utilizes aquatic mitts, tubing with handles as tethers and foam weights.
2. Deep H2O Running Program (for muscular balancing and injury prevention and those who prefer non impact) uses tethers, advanced foam weights and many body positions.
The goal of the program is to provide a more athletic approach to fitness classes (weekend warrior through high performance runner). This Certification program will help the Instructor to cross-train their client(s) using the protection and multi-dimensional resistance of water fitness. Intervals of cardiovascular conditioning will be integrated into flexibility and muscular strengthening sets. A runner will need to stretch the tight muscles and strengthen the weak muscles which water exercise does naturally.
Both shallow and deep water formats will be utilized for variety & cross training benefits. Shallow water is utilized for functional benefits and is easier for non swimmers. Deep H2O Training will utilized buoyancy equipment that will allow the athletes to learn to work high intensity without impact or joint stress. An optional advanced session will utilize buoyancy cuffs on the arms and legs with a variety of exercises and progressions. Buoyancy cuffs are advanced equipment for runners who are looking for the highest performance and intensity training.
- WaterART H2O Running Instructor Certification Manual (220 pages)
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD083-Shallow H2O Running HITS Program
- DVD056-Deep H2O Running Workout
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately
- Laminated Pool Reference Cards
- Study Guide Questions & Answers
- Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
|Authors||Welcome Advisory Board|
|Chapter 1||Introduction to Aquatic Training|
|Chapter 2||Shallow and Deep Running Techniques|
|Chapter 3||Basic Programming for Shallow and Deep Running|
|Chapter 4||Muscle Targeting: Muscular Endurance, Strength, Power, Plyometrics & Flexibility|
|Chapter 5||Injury Prevention, Biomechanics, Planes of Movement and Joint Range of Motion|
|Chapter 6||Review Of Equipment That May Be Used For Overload|
|Chapter 7||Add Variety To A H2O Running Program|
|Chapter 8||Study Questions, Resources, Examination Process Information|