This program is designed to help parents maintain and enjoy fitness as they exercise with their baby or toddler through the early years. Candidates will learn how to use music, movement, water play, functional exercise to facilitate parent-child bonding time with exercise. It is designed for parents with babies/tots aged 8 months to 18 months or with toddlers from 18 months to 3 years.
For babies and toddlers, the activities focus on developing basic skills such as gross and fine motor coordination, language acquisition, shape and color recognition – making for healthy quality time. For toddlers, the activities center on social interaction and skills, physical coordination, creative fun, songs and games with playful activity to promote a love of exercise and movement for life!
Note that this is not a swim program! It is a fitness program for the adult accompanied by the baby or toddler.
- WaterART H2O Parent & Toddler Instructor Manual (229 pages)
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD057-Parent & Tot Program
- DVD075-Parent & Toddler Shallow Water Workout
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
|Chapter 1||Take Baby To The Pool|
|Chapter 2||Water Safety – Water Intoxication – Par Q|
|Chapter 3||Cognitive & Motor Development|
|Chapter 4||Science Of Movement|
|Chapter 5||Class Design|
|Chapter 6||Songs And Games|
|Chapter 7||Resources, Study Question Answers, Handouts|
|Chapter 8||How To Complete Exam Process, Theory Exam & Practical Assessment (If Applicable)|