This workshop will review a variety of moves, tips and techniques to design a purposeful program for all ages and fitness levels. We will focus on putting an enjoyable and balanced program together during Covid 19 which requires more safety guidelines and considerations. Time will be spent on visual and verbal cuing to masterfully blend cardiovascular sets with muscular strengthening and stretching. Focus will be spent on teaching the parts of a class for a enjoyable total body program. Get ready to move and learn the infinite ways to build a purposeful program for swimmers and non-swimmers alike. We welcome everyone to attend for ideas, tips and helping to build purposeful programs.
Live Workshop will review:
- Review Basic Moves
- Review How to Change Impact and Intensity
- Sample Interval CV and Muscle Class
- How to teach a Salsa Fit Fun Class
- Review of Muscle Progressions
- Learn Safe Deck Teaching Tips
- How to Plan a Safe, Effective and Enjoyable program being aware of Covid-19 Safety Guidelines.
- Questions and Answers session
Chat your questions throughout the session and there will be a question and answer session at the end of the day.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers & recorded version via Vimeo video streaming
- ShallowH2O Handouts ( downloadable when order is paid)
- 5 Laminated Cards and Study Guide Questions & Answers to review for examination process
- WaterART Shallow H2O Instructor Training Manual with study guide questions and answers (353 pages) mailed to you.
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers OR DVDs of the following videos:
- 5 Laminated reference cards to take poolside
- Specialty Certification Examination Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
- materials may be shipped out in advance and videos are accessible when order marked paid.
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
Chapter 1 Welcome New Instructors to Aquatic Fitness Chapter 2 The Science of Exercise Design Chapter 3 WaterART Blueprint & Lesson Planning Chapter 4 The Power of Water – Pool Lab & Class Design Chapter 5 The Science of the Moving Body Chapter 6 Aquatic Fitness Cardiovascular Training Chapter 7 Aquatic Fitness Functional Fitness Chapter 8 Aquatic Fitness Flexibility Training Chapter 9 Aquatic Noodles Chapter 10 Aquatic Equipment Chapter 11 The Art of Leadership Chapter 12 Make the Most of your Music Chapter 13 Pool Safety Considerations Chapter 14 Resources & Articles Chapter 15 Answers to Study Questions Chapter 16 Certification Examination Process