Friday, August 20, 2021 8:30 – 5:00 pm Virtual Mind Body H2O 8.0 CEC Workshop guided by Master Trainers
This shallow and/or deep water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating a more mindful approach to fitness. Water exercise is an excellent modality for protecting our joints and healing our bodies. Explore ways to develop physical and mental strength, co-ordination and rejuvenation and how to deliver this information to your students. This educational and includes theoretical information and practical approaches to various mind-body techniques, yoga, Tai-chi, Pilates principles and relaxation training.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program. There will be a live question and answer session prior to lunch and at the end of the day.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- DVD065 Mind Body – Yoga, Pilates and Tai chi Blend
- 8 hours of Virtual practical training by Certified Master Trainers (see schedule below)
- 8 hours of quizzes for the showcase
- Online streaming of the session for 3 months after the training (via Vimeo Link emailed the day before the event) :
- 8.0 CECs for your recertification ( AEA, WaterART, YMCA)
This popular session will be perfect for professionals who want to learn or review mind body techniques. This session will explore both shallow and deep water depths and you may simply move on land (as if on deck) to learn and teach this type of a gentle program. You do not need a pool to become a part of this event. Covid-19 crisis has caused many challenges to our fitness industry and this is a way to expand your repertoire for teaching mindful movement water fitness classes.
To view virtual session – you will need some type of smart device or computer to stream the education (via internet). There is no downloading or logging in required. Candidates simply link to the workshop training via a link WaterART emails you the day before the program. Here is the proposed agenda:
- Theory Mind Body H2O Certification Part 1 with Julie Twynham This power point presentation will review the principles of Mind Body and demonstrate Tai Chi Movements. St i l l n e s s precedes M o t i o n, S l o w n e s s precedes S p e e d & S o f t n e s s precedes S t r e n g t h. No one knows for sure the exact origins of Tai Chi. Chang-San-Feng, the legendary martial arts master,is reputedly the father and founder. WaterART Tai Chi will provide fluid mobility and a sense of well-being through breathing and relaxation.
- Shallow H2O Tai Chi Shallow H2O Class with Drusilla Leitch This program will how to blend Tai Chi with mindful movement in a 88F pool. With the Covid-19 crisis, we must keep our patrons moving for mobility but be mindful of not working too intense since the virus is airborne. Learning to utilize gentle patterns will help prevent the spread of the virus as well as work more balance and much needed mobility.
- Mind Body Shallow H2O Blend with Julie Twynham In 28-32 Celsius or equivalent 82.4 -89.6 Farenheit water temperature you may easily blend tai chi, Pilates, yoga and mindful stretching to benefit the mind and body with the rejuvenating properties of water. Learn how to move with posture, poise and style with fluid patterns. This class will be designed to move around your own spot due to the physical distancing requirements for the Covid 19 safety guidelines.
Lunch 11:30 – 12:00 noon
- Yoga Presentation with Julie Twynham Review an interactive power point presentation with Julie on WaterART Yoga movements using WaterART Principles for general populations. There are many views present of yoga today. Yoga is not a religion, rather a physical and psychological discipline. The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit word YUJ meaning yoke or union. Our goal with adding yoga to our programs is to provide the union of mind, body and soul towards the road of self–realization.
- Yoga Shallow H2O Class with Judy Conley This video will review a short overview of just yoga poses and a program suitable for general populations and warm pools. You may easily blend more moves into this program.
- Mindful Pilates Presentation with Julie Twynham Review an interactive power point presentation with Julie on WaterART Pilates & Core training exercises and techniques using WaterART Principles for general populations.
- Mindful Pilates Class with Julie Twynham The goal of this program is to use movements from Pilates to create balance, flexibility, stabilization, and fluid mind- body awareness while concentrating on the body’s core stabilizers in either shallow or transitional water depth. We will add a Pilates noodle, air filled 7 inch ball, and fins to provide overload and variety.
- Dress for Success with Julie Twynham The sport and activity of water fitness does demand some clothing especially if the water is cooler or you are exercising outside. Fitness clothing is more than a bathing suit for comfort, style and professionalism.
- Developing a Lesson plan for a blended program Review a Power Point presentation with Julie on how to create a blended and flowing program using active mobility and moves from Tai chi, Pilates, Yoga.
- Standing Tai Chi land Fitness with Julie TwynhamFollow along a gentle fitness land senior program with a blend of Tai Chi, Yoga, and active stretching movements. Our goal is to help members and clients stay active during the challenge Corona virus Pandemic – we know that everyone may not have access to a pool or program so performing some programs on land is key for health and aging well
- How to Stay in the Balance with Clare Prudhomme Whetstone Learn and review how to balance your body with healing energy systems. Tips on how to protect your immune system and keep your chakras in balance.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
Candidates completing Specialty Certification and have a current WaterART Certification will only be required to complete either theory exam OR practical assessment via Skype Face Time to achieve the Specialty level of Qualification (prior to existing qualifications expiring) Anyone new to WaterART or expired qualifications are required to complete both parts of the exam process.