Virtual Land Personal Trainer Certification Workshop
We all know participation in regular physical activity elicits a number of favorable responses that contributes to a healthy aging process. The seniors of today understand the importance of exercise and staying active. The Senior Fitness age-group of today can typically be defined as approximately from 55 years of age through 120 years. This means there is a huge variance in health histories, fitness experience and goals. Many people, as they age, develop some sort of limitation that may be specifically enhanced by a personalized fitness program. Even small group classes are helpful to keep these clients exercising safely, effectively and enjoyable.
This program has been developed to help our senior clientele to age well. It is estimated that by the year 2030 the number of individuals 65 years and over will reach 70 million people in United States. Statistics Canada says at the present time one in every 6 people is over the age of 64.
Aging, a complex process, and is influenced by many variables including genetics, lifestyle factors, work environment, health history and purpose in life.
The goal of this program is twofold.
- To help the professional diversify and expand their career opportunities
- To help the client receive specific training exercises and tips to individualize their training program. In doing so, this will help to fast track and achieve specific results.
Seniors may choose to attend a program at a fitness club or community center for specialized training. Some have a fitness center built into their residential home care. Seniors are becoming more selective and educated in the type of program they are looking for. Those interested in fitness are looking for encouragement and challenge with specific goals and benefits in mind. This means there is a need for a more personalized approach, using safe techniques and ideas that will enhance benefits to clients. An individualized program can help clients to improve function for activities for daily living, work on injury prevention, provide improvement for their sporting activities, add vitality to travel, as well as maintain and improve general health to age well.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 16 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers ( Jan 15 & 22, 2021)
- WaterART Personal Trainer Training Manual
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- Senior Functional Fitness Assessments
- Range of Motion Assessments
- Functional Exercise Inventory
- Vimeo viewing only until Dec 2020 at which time DVDs will be available.
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART for your current Re-certification of WaterART Fitness (updated as of Nov 21, 2020)
- All candidates will have opportunity to complete the Comprehensive Examine ( theory & practical assessment) within six months after the training
- When Certification is successful, candidates existing qualifications will be updated for six months from the new passing date for two years.