This tutorial presentation will help instructors fast track their skills and knowledge to build suitable programs for the many people with different forms of arthritis as well as other limitations from lack of mobility and strength. Arthritis is not just one disease, but a term that covers a broad range of over one hundred inflammatory or autoimmune conditions that fall under the heading rheumatic diseases. The symptoms are varied and can include inflammation, pain and stiffness in the joints, muscle and connective tissue as well as systemic inflammation meaning that pain can occur throughout the body.
This two-part video will cover the following topics:
- Helping people with arthritis learn mobility
- Basic movements for people with arthritis
- Joint action and review of a normal range of motion
- How to adapt a program for people with limited range of motion
- How to teach progressive water skills
- Exercise blueprint design of a program for people with arthritis
CEC (continuing education credit) hours for re-certification will be completed online. A link will be sent to you via email with the confirmation of your purchase and payment receipt. All candidates must have your own copy of the corresponding video to complete and submit this quiz for Continuing Education Credits (CECs). We do not allow sharing due to copyright and liability laws. Click here if you require more re certification information.
If you already own DVD089 simply purchase the quiz only.