This is one of our newest options to achieve the required 16.0 hours of continuing education (CECs) to renew your qualifications.
Although everyone can benefit from exercise, perhaps no other segment of the population will benefit as greatly from regular, consistent exercise as will the older adult. It is important to understand the relationship between age-related physical changes and exercise when planning a land or water exercise program for older adults.
The ideal goal is overall physical improvement. WaterART’s Gentle Sit and Stand program can improve quality of life by decreasing pain, swelling and stiffness and increasing joint range of motion, agility, balance and strength. Because so many people of differing abilities fall into a general residential class, the level of activity in each program must be geared to individual needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Providing variety in general group exercise program with emphasis on mobility and working on their own pain free range of motion is the most important requirement for this population.
- Videos via WaterART Fitness Educational App (streaming with a smart devices such as phones/tablets/ipads), Vimeo (all devices via link and password) OR hard copies of DVDs (you choose)
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD101-Tutorial: Intro to Sit & Stand Gentle Senior Program
- DVD102-Tutorial: Learning Range of Motion for Mobility
- DVD103-Tutorial: Learn Your Muscles – Stretch and Strengthen using a Chair
- DVD104-Basic Sit and Stand Program
- DVD105-Fit Tips for Designing a Safe and Effective Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program
- DVD106-Functional Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program with Fit Bands
- DVD107 – Gentle Senior Sit-and-Stand Chair Program: On Broadway with Golf Tubes
- DVD108- Seated Chair Exercise Program: Tubing
- Vimeo Video Streaming and Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately (you always receive access via WaterART Fitness App)
- Online quizzes for each video via Google Forms
- 16.0 hrs of CECs once successful with quizzes
- Updated WaterART Certification E-Diploma(s) for 2 years from expiry date when successful with quizzes (if Certified with WaterART)
**PLEASE NOTE** This is a good option for those candidates who are within their 2 year renewal time OR who have expired within one year from their expiry date.