Certified Personal Trainers are in demand as the need for one on one or small group programming grows since the pandemic.
We all know participation in regular physical activity elicits a number of favorable responses that contributes to a healthy aging process. The adults of today understand the importance of exercise and staying active. Functional Fitness is geared towards helping the aging population to maintain activities of daily living and independence as opposed to hard core fitness programs that are often too intense or too much impact for most people aged 40+ years of age. This aging population has a huge variance in health histories, fitness experience and goals and need realistic and purposeful personalized fitness programming. Whether one on one training or a specialized small group – a qualified personal training is helpful to keep their clients exercising safely, effectively and enjoyably.
Aging, a complex process, and is influenced by many variables including genetics, lifestyle factors, work environment, health history and purpose in life. An individualized program can help clients to improve function for activities for daily living, work on injury prevention, provide improvement for their sporting activities, add vitality to travel, as well as maintain and improve general health to age well.
The goal of this program is fourfold.
- To help the professional diversify and expand their career opportunities especially if you are working in group exercise or want to add more opportunities for your clients to develop home programs or programs that compliment water exercise or should they not be able to get to their water exercise program.
- To help the client receive specific training exercises and tips to individualize their training program. In doing so, this will help to fast track and achieve specific results.
- Learn a diverse inventory of land fitness exercises using functional equipment such as fit bands, tubing with handles, fit balls, steps and other cost effective home equipment.
- Learn how to teach in person or provide virtual training for your clients.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 16 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer Janet Rollero (Jan 15 & 29, 2023)
- WaterART Personal Trainer Training Manual (will need to be shipped for reference)
- Study Guide Questions and Answers
- Laminated Program Cards
- Download of Handouts of Program Cards
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App (smart devices) or Vimeo (for all devices) of the following videos:
- V117- Intro to Land Personal Training
- V118 –Standing Workout Tubing with Handles
- V119-Health Screening for Personal Training
- V120 Functional Fitness Toolbox
- V121 Upper Body & Core Inventory Toolbox
- V122- Lower Body Inventory Toolbox
- V123-Stay Functional and Motivated
- V124-Coaching and Programming for Personal Training on Land
- V125-Case Study Tips when Training Your Client
- V126-Personal Trainer Case Study
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART fitness after the event (an automatic update of your qualifications)
- All candidates will have opportunity to complete the Comprehensive Examine (theory & practical assessment) within six months after the zoom training
- When this Certification is successfully completed, candidates existing qualification(s) will be updated for two years from the new passing date
- SKU: 230115-CTL005