This program is designed specifically for the aquatic instructor who needs knowledge in how to teach personal rescue skills and how to assist a patron/client/student who gets into trouble in the water. The key features include a video that demonstrates personal water safety skills and elementary rescues that are appropriate for pool venues.
The supporting booklet teaches the instructor the techniques to identify a safe teaching environment, including the following:
- How to plan for emergency situations.
- How to recognize and respond to emergencies in the water.
- How to perform elementary rescue skills.
- How to keep yourself safe in your teaching environment.
In addition, the program is supported with PDF files including check lists identifying features of a safe facility, safe programs and a template for planning an Emergency Action Plan.
Learn to be prepared to respond quickly and efficiently to emergency situations that are within reach of his/her control.
This is program is not intended to train or certify aquafit instructors in life-guarding skills.
You will be required to complete and submit the quizzes associated with this program in order to obtain 8.0 Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s).
CEC (continuing education credit) hours for re-certification will be completed online. A link will be sent to you via email with the confirmation of your purchase and payment receipt. All candidates must have your own copy of the corresponding video to complete and submit this quiz for Continuing Education Credits (CECs). We do not allow sharing due to copyright and liability laws. Click here if you require more re certification information.
- Elementary Rescues and Water Safety booklet
- Online streaming of the following videos via the WaterART Fitness App:
- Vimeo Streaming for computers or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately (always receive WaterART App streaming)
- Online quizzes for each video via Google Forms
- 8.0 hrs of CEC’s when successful with quizzes