This program is designed specifically for the aquatic instructor who needs knowledge in how to teach personal rescue skills and how to assist a patron/client/student who gets into trouble in the water. The key features include a video that demonstrates personal water safety skills and elementary rescues that are appropriate for pool venues.
The supporting booklet teaches the instructor the techniques to identify a safe teaching environment, including:
- How to plan for emergency situations
- How to recognize and respond to emergencies in the water
- How to perform elementary rescue skills
- How to keep yourself safe in your teaching environment.
Supporting PDF files with check lists identifying features of a safe facility, safe programs and a template for planning an Emergency Action Plan are included.
Though not intended to train aquafitness instructors in lifeguarding duties, this program will prepare the aquatic instructor to respond quickly and efficiently to emergency situations that are within reach of their control.
Learning Objectives :
- Active vs passive rescue methods
- Safe ways to get a victim out of the pool
- Rescue from the deck