This program is the entry level program for learning how to teach a basic aquatic fitness class. Whether you are new to the water, a lifeguard or just want to become an aquatic fitness Instructor – this is the program you should begin with. We will explore a variety of movements, techniques and basic body and working positions for both shallow & deep water depths. This intensive training will provide leaders with functional techniques to design safe and effective sessions for a variety of ages, fitness and skill levels. This foundation program will provide you with a complete overview of how to facilitate a safe, effective and enjoyable general group exercise program. You will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) applications to build a well-balanced program which includes exercises to target the cardiovascular system as well as balance the body with stretching, posture and strengthening exercises. NO experience necessary just a love of the water and helping people to move. You will have up to six months after the training to complete the examination process. All exams and marking templates are in the manual to help become successful as an Certified Instructor.
How to Register
Registration through the City of Toronto Barcode #4167078
First Time Registration: Please Call 416-396-7378 to set up an account with our customer service representatives. Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Please ask for your family pin and client numbers (keep handy for future registrations).
Already have a client number: Simply log on to https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp. You will need your family pin and client numbers.
$425.00 City of Toronto residents (includes materials & HST)
$470.00 Non residents (includes materials & HST)
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 40 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainers Joanne Hannan & Fay Curley
- practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos via WaterART Fitness Educational App (when downloaded for your phone and/or tablet) via App Store (for iphones/ipads) or Google Play (for Androids)
- Vimeo videos streaming for computers OR Hard copies of the DVDs can be purchased above and will be distributed at the event
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART certification process (practical assessment is assessed last day of course)
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
What to Bring:
- Lunch and/or snacks (there is no cafeteria onsite)
- Free parking outdoors
- Wear comfortable & layered clothing to move around
- Water bottle
- Pen, paper
- Athletic shoes or water shoes