This tutorial presentation will help instructors fast track their skills and knowledge to build suitable programs for the many people with different forms of arthritis as well as other limitations from lack of mobility and strength. Arthritis is not just one disease, but a term that covers a broad range of over one hundred inflammatory or autoimmune conditions that fall under the heading rheumatic diseases. The symptoms are varied and can include inflammation, pain and stiffness in the joints, muscle and connective tissue as well as systemic inflammation meaning that pain can occur throughout the body.
What is a Tutorial Video – A tutorial is a video-guided PowerPoint presentation with a Certified WaterART Master Trainer which reviews all the classroom sessions and information that instructors would typically receive if attending an on-site training event. Video tutorials are an excellent investment as they can be reviewed several times, especially if the information is new and somewhat overwhelming. We highly recommend our guided tutorials to those who are not familiar with exercise science.
This two-part video will cover the following topics:
- Helping people with arthritis learn mobility
- Basic movements for people with arthritis
- Joint action and review of a normal range of motion
- How to adapt a program for people with limited range of motion
- How to teach progressive water skills
- Exercise blueprint design of a program for people with arthritis
2 hours and 31 minutes running time