This shallow and/or deep water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating a more mindful approach to fitness.
Water exercise is an excellent modality for protecting our joints and healing our bodies. Explore ways to develop physical and mental strength, co-ordination and rejuvenation and how to deliver this information to your students. This educational and includes theoretical information and practical approaches to various mind-body techniques, yoga, tai-chi, Pilates principles and relaxation training.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
The Mind Body Onsite Training Program includes:
• 8 hours training (4 hours pool time),
• Mind Body Instructor Manual,
• Study Guide questions & answers
• 4 laminated program card for pool side use,
• DVD065 - Mindful Movement ( shallow H20 program),
• Certificate of Course Completion
• Certification Exams (onsite or correspondence) Theory & Practical Assessment.
• This program is worth 16.0 hours of CEC's for WaterART, & 8.0 OFC/ ICREPS/ BCRPA, continuing education credits.
• Online Profile & Certification Diploma upon successful completion of the exams.
TO CERTIFY: You will have up to six months to complete the certification exams (after the training date for onsite education OR purchase date of home study). Theory is take home or applied theory. Practical is onsite assessment OR USB stick video submission. If you are currently certified and qualified with WaterART, you will only need to complete the theory exam if you are current with your qualifications. In doing so, this will update your qualifications with a new specialty level of certification as well as re-qualify your existing levels of certification for 2 years from the pass date of your new certification.
Each candidate will receive a comprehensive manual, study guide questions and answers, laminated exercise cards for quick reference. You will need to complete the Correspondence Certification (via a take home exam) within a 6 months time frame.
Onsite training will include 1 DVD whereas home study includes 4 DVD's.
This program has been co-developed by WaterART Fitness International, Julie Twynham, Pat Skibinski and Drusilla Leitch.
If you want to register for an ONSITE event, click here.
If you want to order HOME STUDY education (WaterART Mind Body Instructor Certification-CT014), please click here.
DOWNLOAD (PDF FILE) OF AGENDA OF PROGRAM
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY