Correspondence or home study training is a great way to upgrade your education and keep within your schedule and travel budget. All Home Study candidates complete the same education and examination process as onsite training guided by a Master Trainer and yields the same qualifications and liability protection from WaterART Fitness. Please note that home study courses are for individual use only. Therefore, each candidate must purchase their own materials as well as complete their own Certification Examination Process. We don't allow sharing of materials and/or exam answers. Correspondence must be completed in your own time within 6 months (or sooner) from the date of purchase (when order was processed) .
* For full home study programs we must ship hard copy materials so that everyone has a copy of the programs for future reference. We do not stream our materials due to copyright and liability issues. We only stream the DVDs and Tutorials, laminated reference cards, study guide questions and answers and exams with marking templates. We electronically may email the exams and marking system.
How to complete Home Study Certification:
1. Read the manual
2. Watch a DVD(s) and/or view video streaming
3. Write down the exercise inventory as viewed in each program.
4. Watch the DVD(s) and get up and move to practice teaching or performing water specific movement.
5. Review the laminated reference cards (in front of manual)
6. Practice your lesson plan (either on land or in the water)
7. Review the Study Guide questions & answers (answers are in the back of the manual for self-checking).
8. Complete the theory exam by emailing /mailing the examination answers.
9. Complete the practical assessment (either via Master Trainer practical assessment OR via a VHS/DVD/USB stick submission)
NOTE: All information on the exam process is clearly detailed in the exam at the back of the manual.
Anyone new to WaterART Fitness (or expired ) must complete both a theory exam and practical assessment.
We offer both Comprehensive Certifications and Specialty Certifications.
How to submit the THEORY portion of the exam
1) Emailing the answers
2) Snail mailing the hard copy of the exam
For Emailing Theory Exam:
Candidates simply type the question number and then their answer (no need to retype the questions)
Be sure to include candidates name, address and current email. WaterART confirms all exams via email or phone (if the candidate doesn't have a working email address).
WaterART confirm all emails.
*Please note we cannot read faxed or scanned documents for theory exams.
* We cannot download from video websites or other websites because of viruses and cannot risk nor compromise our system.
OR when Mailing Exam (please indicate tracking but no signature required on package details)
If you live in USA, please mail to:
WaterART Fitness International Inc, 210 South 8th Street, Lewiston NY 14092
If you live in CANADA, please mail to:
WaterART Fitness International Inc, 83 Galaxy Blvd Unit 19, Toronto, ON M9W 5X6
If you are from Outside Canada /USA you may mail to the address which is most convenient for you. Always get a tracking number but signature is not necessary.
Practical assessment for Certification involves:
1. Submit a home video/DVD/USB of your class. This class should be reflective of the class design you wrote out as part of the theory exam. You may tape this on land or in the pool ( if a water assessment). You dont have to teach an actual class ( you may pretend to teach a class or show how you would teach a class).
2. Contact WaterART to find a local Master Trainer (scroll down and see list). You must travel to the MT so that you may work around their schedules. Each onsite assessment takes 30 minutes. It is not necessary for the Master Trainer to attend your whole program; you only have to complete the competencies and show parts of a program.
3. Attend a date that is scheduled with a Master Trainer. Please check online dates and times.Report cards are written for both theory exams and practical assessments.
Report cards are emailed to you prior to receiving the diploma.
Once you are successful - you will receive an official WaterART Certified Diploma, laminated wallet Certification Card are mailed to you. When qualified, you may also login and view your Certification Qualifications online ( MY ACCOUNT profile)
Practical Assessment Examination involves: Either submitting a video (USB stick) or Onsite Practical Assessment
The onsite practical assessment with Certified Master Trainer involves teaching other instructors who attend the assessment date or the Master Trainer (directly). This will involve teaching the following components of fitness.
1) a 5-10 minute warm up /introduction
2) a 3-5 minute Cardiovascular set /segment
3) Two 3-5 minute Strength sets/segments
4) a 5-10 minute Warm Down, Relaxation and Stretch segment
a Video via DVD or USB stick flash drive of your program. (45-60
minutes depending on program). We recommend .AVI, MT., MOV, MP4 file format. The video should follow the lesson plan as written out in your
theory examination. WaterART
recommends keeping the video program simple (without too many people in
the video). In fact, you may even pretend to teach someone (we call
that ghost teaching). The goal is the practical assessment is to see YOU
(the candidate) demonstrate skills, competencies, and the specific
exercise design applications understanding exercise safety. The
examiner must be able to see and hear the candidate teaching a safe,
effective & enjoyable exercise program to evaluate the program.
Realize filming doesn't have to be professionally filmed - but we do
review entire session and cross reference with your theory so review
prior to mailing final copy. The marking guidelines are in the back of each manual for your reference.
We do not allow emailing or dropboxing a video file because of
liability and copyright laws. Should you like the USB stick
returned - please send a self addressed stamped envelope with the
All criteria for the examination process
is clearly laid out in the manual.You will be evaluated on your
understanding of the exercise objective, the clarity of instruction and
the safety and effectiveness of the exercise.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $35.00 late fee if you are after the 6 month period per exam. You may utlized any part of the exam for 16.0 CECs for your Certification renewal. We do not accept examinations submissions more than 368 days after the purchase.
Successful candidates will receive Certification Diploma (for all levels completed), Updated online profile for 2 years from the passing date of the newest examination.
To Download a Product Catalogue
Check out Home Study Water Certifications
Home Study CEC Programs
Home Study Quizzes (you must own a copy of this DVD) 2.0 CECs per DVD Disc
Check out Home Study Land Certifications
Home Study CEC Programs
Home Study Quizzes (you must own a copy of this DVD)2.0 CECs per DVD Disc
NOTE: Qualifying with a Land Certification will also renew your H20 Certifications and Qualifications
Please contact us via email click here
New to Instructor Certification