Many people are afflicted with movement disorders including Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Brain Injury, Parkinson's Disease as well as other common neuromuscular and movement disorders. The goal of this program is to develop a well-balanced and functional program to improve the quality of life. n doing so, we will be able to help those afflicted with Movement Disorders greatly improve their well being and maintain or enhance their physical performance.
Free 30 minute video/call session with WaterART Master Trainer ($30.00 value)
WaterART Parkinson's Instructor & Common Movement Disorders Instructor Manual
3 WaterART Parkinson's Land DVD'S:
2 laminated program cards
Certification E-Diploma & online profile when exams are successful
OVERVIEW OF MANUAL
Chapter 1 What is Parkinson's Disease
Chapter 2 The Aging Process
Chapter 3 Functional Fitness & Functional Assessments
Chapter 4 Muscles, Joints and Biomechanics
Chapter 5 Posture, Gait and Balance
Chapter 6 Stretching for Everyone
Chapter 7 Chair Program Exercise Inventory
Chapter 8 Medications for Parkinson's Disease
Chapter 9 Nutrition for Parkinson's Disease
Chapter 10 Sample Forms and Additional Information
Chapter 11 Certification Process
Chapter 12 Bibliography & Recommended Reading
HOW TO COMPLETE HOME STUDY CORRESPONDENCE FOR LAND PARKINSON'S & COMMON MOVEMENT DISORDERS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION LEVEL
Correspondence may be completed in your own time frame (within 6 months) from the shipping date.
The full exam is in the back of the book with the study guide questions and answers.
To complete Certification Process:
1) You may either read the manual and answer the study guide questions (answers are in the back for self- checking)
2) Watch the Exercise DVD's (take notes, follow them - try to teach them to a friend)
3) Use the laminated cards to remember muscles AND exercise inventory
4) FULL EXAM is in the back of the manual
5) You may email us, if you require coaching or have any additional questions.
For theory exam - you MUST mail or EMAIL the answers to us.
You have SOME options for completing the practical assessment for Certification. The practical should be submitted with the theory exam (if you have to do a practical). Anyone NEW to WaterART Land training have to complete both theory & practical competencies.
If you are after the 6 month deadline there is a $35.00 late fee. After 1 year, you will have to re-do the program.
To complete Practical Assessment you may:
1) Submit a home vidoe via USB or DVD of your class (should be reflective of your class design, which is written out as part of the theory exam - we follow it along with your video/DVD submission)
2) Book directly with a Master Trainer (check out website ) or phone WaterART to find local Master Trainer. You must travel to them and work around their schedules. Each onsite assessment takes 30-45 minutes. It is not necessary for the Master Trainer to attend your whole program. You just have to complete the competencies.
Report cards are then written for both theory & practical's (and we email the report card to you). Once you are successful - you will receive an official WaterART Certified Diploma, Certified status and an online profile recognition.
All practical's will include:
A complete and thorough warm up and orientation
How to do complete range of motion training for all joint actions specific to neuromuscular disorders
General chair exercise segment for 10 minutes
How to stretch the tight musculature (active or static)
How to strengthen the weak musculature (may utilize equipment)
Suggestions on how to modify the exercise for the individuals needs
A thorough cool down, stretch and relaxation segment.
There is a performance evaluation to self check your class design.
All Certification Programs come with DVD's /streaming & all DVD's are guaranteed to work in computers.
NEW TO CERTIFICATION
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
CERTIFICATION RENEWAL PROCESS
HOW TO JOIN OUR WP MEMBERSHIP & SAVE
phone the office between 9:00- 4:00pm EST if youwould like to purchase
the WP membership with your order (as you cannotdiscount your own order)
(416) 621 -0821 or 1 -866543 8938 (toll free) or email us
PLEASE NOTE: Thehard copy of the manual will be shipped as this is not available via livestreaming due to copyright and liability issues. If you wish to get going rightaway with this Certification, there is live streaming options which willinclude: Exam, DVDs, coloured reference cards and study guide questions & answers.