WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT THE SERIOUS EXERCISERS?
These are the people who are coming to the water looking for a program offering a higher intensity level as cross training for a specific land sport or to increase their present fitness levels. They need a specific program that is sufficiently challenging to achieve these goals.
A Sports Conditioning Training Program can be developed to help the people gain the most out of their time in the water.Studies show that water training may effectively maintain and/or improve athletic performance. Water offers specific training for sports by providing variable resistance training, superior cardiovascular challenge, improved flexibility and overall core stabilization.
SPORTS CONDITIONING IN THE WATER FOR SUCCESS ON LAND.
What is A Sports Conditioning Program?
It is an effective workout which is easy to learn and requires no swimming skills. This vertical water fitness program combines the toning of weight training, the cardiovascular benefits of aerobics and the enhanced flexibility using buoyancy all in one fat burning, high endurance workout. Water provides three dimensional resistances to tone and strengthen muscles. It is joint friendly and helps prevent and heal injuries.
Who May Benefit? Everyone from the Elite athlete through to the Weekend Warrior.
Most athletes experience one or more injuries over the course of their career. Water exercise is an excellent non-impact medium for recovery and rehabilitation, while maintaining high endurance.
All athletes s are often subject to over-training.
Water offers an excellent mode of cross training in a three dimensional environment.
Where there are issues of decreased flexibility, especially in the lower back and hamstrings, deep water training helps to increase conditioning and flexibility to ALL parts of the body, especially the core.
During severe or inclement weather (hot or cold) when outdoor activities are restricted, water sports movement allows participants to maintain or even increase their endurance levels (increase VO2 max).
The increased resistance (three dimensional) of water can effectively target train and tone muscle weak or inflexible groups without causing undue stress in the joints.
Water Sports Exercise in a small group gives the participants the opportunity to establish group and individual goals in a competitive setting.
This workshop will review four full sports programs applicable to both group exercise and one-on-one training.
Programs you will Learn:
1) Aquatic Cycling Class -On land cycling classes have brought new participants into group exercise programs. Learn how to develop a water cycling class for deep-water programs using noodles or a buoyancy belt. Use your mind to train your body; use your heart to monitor your intensity. Adventure into the rhythmic movement of cycling and experience how a class will flow with the power of water.
2) Aquatic Running Programs have become a goal pursued by many individuals. The extreme training requirements for running often lead to injuries that undermine success. Experience the benefits of both shallow and deep-water training as part of a good cross training fitness regime. Unload the joints for safe training and use intervals sets to provide both the cardiovascular strength and the resistance training necessary for a successful marathon.
3) Aquatic Finning - The Ultimate Butt Burner Program is especially valuable for swimmers. Using training fins or flippers may be an excellent way to challenge your swimmers to try a class but this is anything but streamlining. You will target all of the major muscle groups through an advanced level of exercise inventory. We will utilize kickboards, paddles, mitts and advanced techniques. This is not a class for a non-swimmer or someone who cannot flutter kick.
4) Aquatic Boot Camp Let's get fit with water training. This shallow water program will kick up the intensity up a notch and offer some no nonsense training programs. Add drills and high intensity moves with intervals of strength to challenge any athlete or create the warrior of the water.
5) Advanced Buoyancy Cuffs (aka Killer cuffs)- are advanced buoyancy equipment that may be added to the legs for superior core and lower body work. This program requires advanced skills and strength and is for primarily deep water training. Additionally cuffs may be utilized on the arms as resistance or put together as a buoyancy belt.
6) Advanced Foam Dumbbells (or water weights) Working with foam dumbbells or weights may add a new dimension to any program. Learn the exercise physiology associated with designing programs for buoyancy assisted and resisted training. This program will review the necessary shoulder girdle mechanics and safety considerations for designing a safe, effective and advanced sports program.
7) Review a variety of Common Athletic injuries and how to rehabilitate these common overuse injuries using the protection and properties of the water.
Comprehensive Certification Process:
You will have up to six months to complete the Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification exams (after the training date).
All theory certification exams are take home or applied theory.
You may choose to complete either a practical assessment with a Master Trainer OR submit a VHS video/DVD of your class.
All candidates will be required to complete both a theory & practical assessment to become fully Certified and Qualified with this program
If you are already currently certified with WaterART, you receive a complimentary renewal and updated diplomas and more qualifications by completing this qualification.
If your certification has expired (less than a year) or are new to WaterART, you will only be qualified in Sports Conditioning Specialist level when Certified.
Completing this level of qualification will automatically renew your existing qualifications for 2 years from the passing date of the newest exam. All dates will be the same for any levels of certification you achieve with WaterART Fitness.
Registration fee for HOME STUDY Certification includes:
Sports Conditioning Specialist Manual (306 pages)
Study Guide Questions & Answers
9 Reference Program cards (not laminated)
DVD021 - Finning - The Ultimate Butt Burner Program
DVD030 - Sports Conditioning Workout
DVD037 - Step Splash Workout
DVD042 - Advanced Buoyancy Cuffs
DVD055 - Aquatic Cycling
DVD056 - Deep H20 Running
DVD060 - Advanced Dumbbells & Understanding Shoulder Impingement
DVD067- Boot Camp with Tubing
8 x 2.0 Quizzes
T-shirt (sizing S, M, L, XL, XXL), please select below (Note we may only ship T-shirt if you are paying shipping)
16.0 hrs of CECs once successful with quizzes,
Online profile & Updated WaterART Certification E-Diploma(s) for 2 years from expiry date when successful with quizzes
If you have been expired for less than one year from your expiry, you will be required to pay a $20.00 late Certification renewal fee; Click here to add this fee
WHERE TO SUBMIT QUIZ ANSWERS
Candidates may submit their quiz answers by email (you do not have re-type questions, simply type out answers)
Mail to the following addresses down below:
USA: WaterART Fitness International Inc., 210 South 8thStreet, Lewiston NY 14092
Canada: WaterART FitnessInternational Inc., 83 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 19, Toronto, ON M9W 5X6
FULL CERTIFICATION OPTIONS
ONSITE TRAINING OPTIONS
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Should you be using this for a late Certification Renewal - you need to add this to your shopping cart
HOW TO JOIN OUR WP MEMBERSHIP & SAVE
you are already logged on - as a WP member your discountis automated
with all entries into your shopping cart. Your invoice willitemize the
savings! if you are a new member you will have to purchase WP membership first as you cannot discount your own order.