This shallow water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating programs that focus on helping seniors in the water with functional activities of daily living to help maintain independence as well as quality of life. Training in water provides a protective environment which naturally balances the body to easily train posture and balance – a key to aging well. The program includes theoretical and practical testing that will cover how specific H2O exercises will have a positive effect for the aging population including those with common medical conditions. This program is perfect for anyone who would like to work with our senior population.
You do not need a pool to participate in this event. The agenda of the day will show both theoretical and practical applications to build a more purposeful program. We will keep you moving and thinking of safe and enjoyable exercises to keep your patrons moving. You may chat and ask questions throughout the day – to be answered at the end of the day or prior to lunch session. If you do have topics you would like address please let us know as we may easily include this in the program – if relevant to the topic.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual practical training by Certified Master Trainers (schedule to follow)
- You will receive a link to the event (on the day of the event) as well as you chat questions.
- 8.0 CECs for your re-certification ( ACE, AEA, WaterART, YMCA)
- candidates receive a recording of the training for six months after the event via Vimeo Video streaming
- Note: should you need 16.0 of CECs for your full certification renewal (and don’t want to do the full certification or a practical and theory exam – you may simply complete 8.0 virtual and 8.0 via recorded video quizzes – which may be easier than full exam)