This shallow water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating programs that focus on helping seniors in the water with functional activities of daily living to help maintain independence as well as quality of life. Training in water provides a protective environment which naturally balances the body to easily train posture and balance – a key to aging well. The program includes theoretical and practical testing that will cover how specific H2O exercises will have a positive effect for the aging population including those with common medical conditions. This program is perfect for anyone who would like to work with our senior population.
You do not need a pool to participate in this event. The agenda of the day will show both theoretical and practical applications to build a more purposeful program. We will keep you moving and thinking of safe and enjoyable exercises to keep your patrons moving. You may chat and ask questions throughout the day – to be answered at the end of the day or prior to lunch session. If you do have topics you would like address please let us know as we may easily include this in the program – if relevant to the topic.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual practical training by Certified Master Trainers (schedule to follow) via Vimeo link on the day of the event
- On WaterART Fitness App (unlimited viewing when a member):
- You will receive a link prior to the event (via zoom.
- 8.0 CECs for your re-certification ( WaterART, OFC, YMCA)
- Candidates receive a recording of the training for three months after the event via Vimeo Video streaming