TThis session is for anyone interested in facilitating a more mindful approach to aqua fitness. You should review the video and then be ready to learn how to plan a mindful and flowing lesson plan. This session will provide a practical approach for various mind-body techniques including: yoga, Tai-chi, Pilates, stretching and relaxation training using the properties and protection of the water.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 4 hours of Virtual practical training by Certified Master Trainers (see schedule below)
- 12 hours of quizzes for the videos
- Online streaming of the session for 3 months after the training (via Vimeo Link emailed the day before the event) :
- 16.0 CECs for your WaterART Fitness ReCertification
- Updated Qualifications for two years from the current expiration date.
- For virtual session – you will need some type of smart device (via internet) with video and mic. You simply link on to the Zoom App (if you are new to this we can run a test for you and help you set up). We recommend having enough space to practice the moves and a chair to simulate how you will show exercises on deck. You do not need a pool for this session.
This popular session will be perfect for professionals who want to learn or review mind body techniques. This session will explore both shallow and deep water depths and you may simply move on land (as if on deck) to learn and teach this type of a gentle program. You do not need a pool to become a part of this event. The pandemic has caused many challenges to our fitness industry and this is a way to expand your repertoire for teaching mindful movement water fitness classes.
To view virtual session – you will need some type of smart device or computer to stream the education (via internet). There is no downloading or logging in required. Candidates simply link to the workshop training via a link WaterART emails you the day before the program.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
Candidates completing Specialty Certification and have a current WaterART Certification will only be required to complete either theory exam OR practical assessment via Skype Face Time to achieve the Specialty level of Qualification (prior to existing qualifications expiring) Anyone new to WaterART or expired qualifications are required to complete both parts of the exam process.