Virtual or Live Workshop with Master Trainer and Recorded showcase after the training for 6 months
Although everyone can benefit from exercise, perhaps no other segment of the population will benefit as greatly from regular, consistent exercise as will the older adult. It is important to understand the relationship between age-related physical changes and exercise when planning a land or water exercise program for older adults.
The ideal goal is overall physical improvement. WaterART’s Gentle Sit and Stand program can improve quality of life by decreasing pain, swelling and stiffness and increasing joint range of motion, agility, balance and strength. Because so many people of differing abilities fall into a general residential class, the level of activity in each program must be geared to individual needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Providing variety in general group exercise program with emphasis on mobility and working on their own pain free range of motion is the most important requirement for this population.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- WaterART Comprehensive Land Seniors Sit & Stand Chair Instructor Manual (230 pages) will be shipped
- Live video streaming of the 8 hour training event and a Vimeo recording of the training for six months after the event.
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers OR DVDs of the following videos:
- DVD101-Tutorial: Intro to Sit & Stand Gentle Senior Program
- DVD102-Tutorial: Learning Range of Motion for Mobility
- DVD103-Tutorial: Learn Your Muscles – Stretch and Strengthen using a Chair
- DVD104-Basic Sit and Stand Program
- DVD105-Fit Tips for Designing a Safe and Effective Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program
- DVD106-Functional Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program with Fit Bands
- DVD107 – Gentle Senior Sit-and-Stand Chair Program: On Broadway with Golf Tubes
- DVD108- Seated Chair Exercise Program: Tubing
- Laminated reference cards
- Certification Exam Process (theory & practical assessment)
- Option for Vimeo or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately for the course only not the live streaming session (candidate still receives APP version)
- Comprehensive Certification Exam Process (theory & practical assessment)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART (if currently qualified with WaterART all qualifications are updated for two years when you pass this level)