Virtual Training with Master Trainer – 10.0 CEC Workshop + 7.0 hours of video viewing via App or Vimeo
The ideal goal is overall physical improvement. WaterART’s Gentle Sit and Stand program can improve quality of life by decreasing pain, swelling and stiffness and increasing joint range of motion, agility, balance and strength. Because so many people of differing abilities fall into a general residential class, the level of activity in each program must be geared to individual needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Providing variety in general group exercise program with emphasis on mobility and working on their own pain free range of motion is the most important requirement for this population.
This training will focus on functional and gentle exercise sets for helping the aging population maintain their activities of daily living (ADL’s). Techniques for cardiovascular training, muscular endurance and strengthening, flexibility, balance, posture and gait will be reviewed for progressive of benefiting overall health. Let’s help older & frailer adults ( 70+ generally speaking) improve activities of daily living with a variety of chair and standing enjoyable exercises. We will review programs for common medical conditions including hip, knee, shoulder, neck issues as well as arthritis and mind body programming
Review some “Do’s and Don’ts ” in class design. Let’s help our seniors to improve activities of daily living with enjoyable sitting and standing exercise.
Course Registration Fee Includes
Virtual or Live guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers ( 4 X 2 1/2 hour sessions) + 6 extra videos
Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App of the following programs:
- Intro to Sit and Stand Senior Land FitnessTutorial with Julie Twynham
- Seated Chair Program with Drusilla Leitch
- Tubing with Handles Chair Exercise Program with Sharon McDonnell
- Tai Chi Sit and Stand Program with Drusilla Leitch
- Review of Safety Considerations for Sit and Stand Programs with Pam Genge
- Sit and Stand Program with Free Weights and Fit Bands with Julie Twynham
- Qigong Program 1 with Judy Conley
- This session will review range of motion as well as functional exercises for improving activities of daily living (view videos on the WaterART Fitness App) then join us for 8 hours of training workshops via Zoom.
- Standing and Seated strengthening with fit bands, tubing with handles, small squish balls, golf tubes and free weights
- Vimeo Video Streaming (may view via any device ) or WaterART Fitness App of following videos (Download our App and log in)
- Complimentary Re-certification of all WaterART Certification(s) for two years from existing date