Virtual Land Personal Trainer Certification Workshop
We all know participation in regular physical activity elicits a number of favorable responses that contributes to a healthy aging process. The seniors of today understand the importance of exercise and staying active. The Senior Fitness age-group of today can typically be defined as approximately from 55 years of age through 120 years. This means there is a huge variance in health histories, fitness experience and goals. Many people, as they age, develop some sort of limitation that may be specifically enhanced by a personalized fitness program. Even small group classes are helpful to keep these clients exercising safely, effectively and enjoyable.
This program has been developed to help our senior clientele to age well. It is estimated that by the year 2030 the number of individuals 65 years and over will reach 70 million people in United States. Statistics Canada says at the present time one in every 6 people is over the age of 64.
Aging, a complex process, and is influenced by many variables including genetics, lifestyle factors, work environment, health history and purpose in life.
The goal of this program is threefold.
- To help the professional diversify and expand their career opportunities
- To help the client receive specific training exercises and tips to individualize their training program. In doing so, this will help to fast track and achieve specific results.
- Learn a diverse inventory of land fitness exercises using functional equipment such as fit bands, tubing with handles, fit balls, steps and other cost effective home equipment.
Seniors may choose to attend a program at a fitness club or community center for specialized training. Some have a fitness center built into their residential home care. Seniors are becoming more selective and educated in the type of program they are looking for. Those interested in fitness are looking for encouragement and challenge with specific goals and benefits in mind. This means there is a need for a more personalized approach, using safe techniques and ideas that will enhance benefits to clients. An individualized program can help clients to improve function for activities for daily living, work on injury prevention, provide improvement for their sporting activities, add vitality to travel, as well as maintain and improve general health to age well.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 16 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers
- WaterART Personal Trainer Training Manual (will need to be shipped for reference)
- Study Guide Questions and Answers
- Laminated Program Cards
- Download of Handouts of Program Cards
Online streaming via WaterART Fitness of the following videos:
- VD117- Intro to Land Personal Training with Julie TwynhamVD118 –Standing Workout Tubing with Handles with Julie TwynhamVD119-Health Screening for Personal Training with Julie TwynhamVD120 Functional Fitness Toolbox with Julie TwynhamVD121 Upper Body & Core Inventory ToolboxVD122- Lower Body Inventory ToolboxVD123-Stay Functional and Motivated with Janet RolleroVD124-Coaching and Programming for Personal Training on LandVD125-Case Study Tips when Training Your Client with Janet RolleroVD126-Personal Trainer Case Study with Sharon McDonnell
V127-Special Needs Training Opportunities with Janet Rollero
V128-Know Your Muscles Tutorial as a Land Personal Trainer
V129-Dynamic and Static Stretching with Pam Genge
V130- The Business of Personal Training with Sharon McDonnell
V131-Sharon’s Case Study Program Card with Sharon McDonnell
V132- Personal Training Program Card with Rikki Gross
V133-Personal Training Land Covid Safety with Julie Twynham
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART fitness after the event (live streaming & video viewing)
- 2 x 2.0 hour sessions via Zoom Meeting for help putting program cards together.
- All candidates will have opportunity to complete the Comprehensive Examine (theory & practical assessment) within six months after the training
- When Certification is successfully completed, candidates existing qualification(s) will be updated for two years from the new passing date
- SKU: VLT-211113-CTL005