We all know participation in regular physical activity elicits a number of favorable responses that contributes to a healthy aging process. The seniors of today understand the importance of exercise and staying active. The Senior Fitness age-group of today can typically be defined as approximately from 55 years of age through 120 years. This means there is a huge variance in health histories, fitness experience and goals. Many people, as they age, develop some sort of limitation that may be specifically enhanced by a personalized fitness program. Even small group classes are helpful to keep these clients exercising safely, effectively and enjoyable.
Aging, a complex process, and is influenced by many variables including genetics, lifestyle factors, work environment, health history and purpose in life.
The goal of this program is threefold.
- To help the professional diversify and expand their career opportunities
- To help the client receive specific training exercises and tips to individualize their training program. In doing so, this will help to fast track and achieve specific results.
- Learn a diverse inventory of land fitness exercises using functional equipment such as fit bands, tubing with handles, fit balls, steps and other cost effective home equipment.
Seniors may choose to attend a program at a fitness club or community center for specialized training. Some have a fitness center built into their residential home care. Seniors are becoming more selective and educated in the type of program they are looking for. Those interested in fitness are looking for encouragement and challenge with specific goals and benefits in mind. This means there is a need for a more personalized approach, using safe techniques and ideas that will enhance benefits to clients. An individualized program can help clients to improve function for activities for daily living, work on injury prevention, provide improvement for their sporting activities, add vitality to travel, as well as maintain and improve general health to age well.
This program has been developed to help our senior clientele to age well. We will review exercise inventory, program design, teaching methodology as well as promotion and marketing of your business. It is estimated that by the year 2030 the number of individuals 65 years and over will reach 70 million people in United States. Statistics Canada says at the present time one in every 6 people is over the age of 64.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers ( Saturday, September 18, 2021 )
- 8 hours Recorded Video(we recommend that you view videos before onsite course)
- with 8.0 CEC quizzes to be completed via Goggle docs
- Online streaming via WaterART Fitness APP of the following videos:
- Intro to Land Personal Training,
- Standing Workout Tubing with Handles,
- Health Screening for Personal Training Tutorial,
- Functional Fitness Toolbox,
- Upper Body & Core Inventory Toolbox,
- Lower Body Inventory Toolbox,
- Personal Trainer Case Study with Sharon McDonnell
- Link will be sent via Vimeo viewing on the day of the event
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART for Recertification
- All of your WaterART qualifications will be updated from the current expiration date ( late fees may apply if you are after your due date).
- SKU: VTL-211127-16CEC