Guided by Master Trainers
Working out in deep water is more challenging because, in deep, the body’s center of balance is at the chest whereas, in shallow water, the balance is at the feet that are more easily anchored down to the pool floor. In order to effectively work in deep water, each person must learn and maintain good balance skills to anchor the core muscles against buoyancy. This instructor program will provide a plethora of ideas and exercises using mainly buoyancy belts and/or noodles. Learn how to provide progressions for patrons who have experience in deep water with advanced aquatic equipment.
Is There A Need For Specific Deep Water Training?
Yes! Many pools do not have sufficient room in the shallow end to accommodate the number of participants that come to group aquatic program. Deep water offers a wide choice of programs without impact. For specialized populations and conditions, such as participants with arthritis, back problems, or post-rehabilitation programming, deep water offers a cushioning effect for the joints and sore areas. For the athlete, strength training in this multi-resistance environment offers tremendous challenge. This is an especially useful selling point if the athlete is involved with a high impact sport. And for the seasoned aquatic exercise buffs looking for more challenges and/or more program opportunities: get them to add a deep water program for variety.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable Covid -19 safety conscious program. There will be a live question and answer session prior to lunch and at the end of the day.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainers
- WaterART Mind Body H2O Instructor Manual (200 pages) will need to be shipped to you.
- WaterART Deep H2O Training Manual
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computer OR DVDs of the following videos:
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Specialty Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 8.0 CEC’s for WaterART
- Study Guide Questions & Answers to review for examination process
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
Chapter 1 General Overview of Deep H20 Training (DWT) Chapter 2 General Program Design Chapter 3 DWT & Wearing a Buoyancy Belt Chapter 4 DWT Using a Noodle Chapter 5 Target Muscles for DWT Chapter 6 Using Equipment for DWT Chapter 7 Study Guide Questions & Answers, Educational Resources Chapter 8 How to Complete the Certification Process, Theory Exam And Practical Assessment Marking Templates