This is the most popular certification after our foundation programs. Millions of people have some form of arthritis and more gentle aquatic fitness programs are growing in popularity. Learn how to modify and progress exercises as well as vary impact and intensity to meet the needs of a multi level arthritis water exercise program. Course will review common forms of arthritis, exercise design & safety guidelines, aquatic class design, functional range of motion and joint actions, and provide an arthritis-specific exercise inventory. This session may be done in regular pools or warm water pools. This virtual session will be facilitated via zoom & Vimeo video streaming.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable arthritis water program. Optional to utilized equipment for this program.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer(s)
- WaterART Arthritis H2O Instructor Certification Manual (we mail this to you)
- Study Guide Questions & Answers for self study
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers OR DVDs of the following videos:
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Specialty Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 8.0 CEC’s for WaterART
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
Chapter 1 Introduction to WaterART Arthritis Shallow Water Exercise Chapter 2 General Overview of Arthritic Conditions Chapter 3 The Musculoskeletal Connection Chapter 4 Shallow Water Program Design Chapter 5 Joint Action & Biomechanics Chapter 6 Sample Programs & Exercise Inventory Chapter 7 Arthritis & Weight Management Chapter 8 References & Resources and Handouts Page Chapter 9 Study Guide Questions & Answers, Certification Exam Process