Virtual 16.0 CEC Workshop guided by Dr Leigh de Groot , Drusilla Leitch, Adriana Affinito and Julie Twynham
16 hours is Virtual Training. You do not need a pool to participate. You simply review both theory & practical (pool) sessions – as if you were at the training. Master Trainer (s) will interact via Zoom & Vimeo Video Streaming. You receive a link to view the day prior to the event. Candidates also receive a recording of the workshop for three months after this session to review. You do not have to download nor buy anything extra (You simply register with WaterART Fitness by adding this item to your shopping cart.)
Post Aquatic Rehab training will teach the Instructor/Therapist to provide overall mobility for recovery and function for activities of daily living. Therefore the regions of focus will cover suggested exercises for : the Cervical Thoracic and Lumbar areas of the spine, and the shoulder, hip , knee and ankle joint areas. Other exercises include suggestions for clients requiring CVA or post stroke rehab which can also be used for most movement disorders. These exercises will provide the Instructor with a generic base of safe, adaptable movement that can be combined to create programs suitable to each client’s personal needs. Some people with a chronic condition may never advance beyond a certain stage for recovery however this does not mean they have not improved their quality of life. We train to work on the ability not disability.
The Training Objectives of this program is to help bring clients back to full functional well-being.
1 . Provide a general low impact mobility program for people with general orthopedic problems.
2. Regional focus will cover suggested exercises for : the Cervical Thoracic and Lumbar areas of the spine, and the shoulder, hip , knee and ankle joint areas
3. We will review the difference between spinal extension and spinal flexion “relief positions”
4. Review how to utilize water equipment for assistance (modification) or resistance (progression)
5. How to utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
6. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all joint actions
This shallow and/or deep water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating a post rehabilitate approach to fitness. Water exercise is an excellent modality for protecting our joints and healing our bodies. Explore ways to modify and progress all the components of fitness to help people with some sort of orthopedic, cardio-pulmonary or neuromuscular conditions. This educational and training includes practical and theoretical information to maintain function in the water for movement and independence on land.
The goal of the program is to help both swimmers and non swimmers move pain free and develop skills in the water to help their mobility, strength and posture on land.
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 16 hours of Virtual practical training on November 6 & 20, 2021 via Zoom/Vimeo links
- Workshop handouts (to download when order is paid in full- on paid invoice)
- DVD111 – Gentle Senior H2O Fitness Workout (WO)
- Recorded session for 3 months after the training (via Vimeo Link after the event)
- 16.0 CECs for your re-Certification ( AEA, WaterART, YMCA)
More Questions? Contact Us