This is an excellent option to update your techniques and renew your qualifications. There are no exams at the end of your workshop and you review both shallow and deep water depths and updated techniques. By the end of the training, you will achieve 16.0 hours of continuing education credits (CECs) and receive an automatic Certification renewal for two years from your current expiration date.
Shallow & Deep H2O Workshops include:
- Shallow H2O Splash: Review how to build a creative shallow aqua fitness program utilizing working positions to vary impact and intensity. Learn hundreds of movement variations and techniques provide with and without a noodle to better provide multi-level options and opportunities for your participants to benefit with water exercise. The course is geared towards very practical and enjoyable education. This workshop will focus on putting a safe, effective and enjoyable and balanced program together. Time will be spent on visual and verbal cuing to masterfully blend cardiovascular sets with muscular strengthening and stretching. Focus will be spent on teaching the parts of a class for a balanced and total body program
- Cool Warm Ups & Hot Warm Downs:Whether teaching a group of high energy athletes or a program for people with movement problems or anyone with fitness levels in between, the warm up component is the time to set the level and tone for the upcoming program. There is such a wide variety of aquatic programs available it is important that each Instructor learns to customize warm up movements to suit the level of the individuals attending the class. The same applies to the warm down. How long should it be? What moves should be included to get people out of the pool safely. Learn safe stretching moves and relaxation techniques to make sure they end the program in a successful frame of mind and can’t wait to come back for more. Take the time to be successful at the beginning of a program and finish as a winner with a complete program.
- Noodle Gym: The noodle has become the most recognizable piece of equipment at the pool. Aqua fitness noodles may be used in most every program and every depth of water. The unskilled can be provided with support to walk with confidence in shallow water. The more skilled can challenge balance standing, sitting kneeling or riding in deep or shallow water. This session offers a selection of noodle exercises showing the many adaptations or progressions that can be used to accommodate a wide variety of participants within the same class.
- Mind Body Programming: Enjoy a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai chi. Discover ways to blend mind body techniques and aquatic exercise into your present program or to develop a stand alone program. Mindful movements will help your clients to increase your breathing, flexibility, core stability, coordination, muscular endurance and enhance your posture all using the healing properties of water. Enhance your posture using the relaxing and healing properties of water. This program can be designed for either shallow and deep water or a combination of both.
Early-bird Registration Date: September 4, 2021
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of training CEC workshops (theory & pool time)
- Updated Certification Diploma (for 2 years from your expiration date on existing diploma)
- There are NO exams with this option
- 16.0 CECs hours for WaterART and AEA
- Candidates who have expired will be required to pay a $20.00 Late Certification Renewal fee
- This option is not available for candidates who have been expired for more then 1 year
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness except YMCA NC staff.
Contact Information for YMCA of NWNC staff:
Please contact Mitsuko Sugimoto 704 873 9622 for YMCA of NWNC staff rate and registration. Everyone else please register with WaterART Fitness (1 866 543 8938) or by logging in and adding this item to your shopping cart & check out.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack,
- for water sessions please bring Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s),
- for land sessions wear comfortable clothing to move around in
- Towel/cover up,
- Pen, paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.