Please register earlybird (prior to May 10, 2022) to receive your manual at event. Otherwise shipping fees will apply.
This foundation aquatic fitness Instructor program provides leaders with shallow & deep water techniques to design a group exercise program for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels. This onsite practical training will provide instructors with tools to plan a purposeful lesson utilizing basic moves and working/body positions to progressively adjust intensity. The goal is to provide a total body group exercise program with a thorough understanding of how to safely and effectively target the cardiovascular system as well as focus on exercises for muscular strengthening, flexibility and balance training. Leaders will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) sessions. We do recommend that you have taken some aquatic fitness classes and are comfortable in the water, however, no experience is necessary – just a love of the water and willingness to become a dynamic fitness leader! Please note that candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory & practical assessment).
We strongly recommend that you register and review materials prior to the training”. The onsite workshop will be guided by a Certified Master Trainer Adriana Affinito with focus on learning a variety of basic moves and techniques to plan a safe, effective and enjoyable lesson plan.
Early bird Registration Date: May 9, 2022
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer Adriana Affinito
- practical pool –Pool Sessions: Tuesdays May 10th, 17th, 24th 31st 7:00pm-8:00pm @ St-Laurent Complex pool -525 Côté Street, Ottawa
- Virtual classroom practical & theory sessionsSaturdays May 14th, 21st, 28th, June 4th – 5:00pm – 6:00 pm via Zoom Video conferencing link
- WaterART Fitness Shallow & Deep H2O Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App of the following videos (for six months with registration membership or unlimited as a certified or enthusiast member): Videos are available once order is paid in full and head office updates the order.
- App videos are via smart device such as a phone/tablet. Vimeo video stream works via link on any device. DVDs are hard copies that must be shipped.
- DVD080-part 1 Instructor Tutorial
- DVD080-part 4 Instructor Tutorial
- V206-Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V178-Shallow H2O Working Positions
- DVD072-Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- V181- Cardio Combinations in Shallow H2O
- V185 –Deep Moves and WaterART Fitness Acronym
- V187-Targeting your Muscles in Deep
- V188-Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- DVD064- Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- V192 –Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V194- Advanced Noodles
- V195-Safe Deck Teaching
- V207- Shallow H2O Lesson Planning
- V208- Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V211- Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- V284-How to Complete Your Certification Examination Process
- Optional upgrade for Vimeo Video Streaming for computers (everyone receives the WaterART Fitness Educational App streaming with your purchase)
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART examination process (theory & practical assessment)
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
- Instructor manual is required for your to reference once Certified -also full of helpful information. Candidates may request manual ship in advance or pick up at the workshop.
Master Trainer Contact Information: Adriana Affinito (613) 424-8899
What to Bring:
- Wear Layered clothes to move around in
- Lunch or snack & Water Bottle
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up for outdoor pool
- Water-shoes are preferred wear