Please register early-bird (prior to April 13, 2023) to receive your manual prior to the event. Otherwise shipping fees will apply.
Attend this workshop to review the principles of shallow & deep water techniques. The goal is to design a group exercise program for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels for both swimmers and non-swimmers. This onsite practical training will provide instructors with tools to plan a purposeful lesson utilizing basic moves and working/body positions to progressively adjust intensity. The goal is to provide a total body group exercise program with a thorough understanding of how to safely and effectively target the cardiovascular system as well as focus on exercises for muscular strengthening, flexibility and balance training. Leaders will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) sessions. We do recommend that you have taken some aquatic fitness classes and are comfortable in the water, however, no experience is necessary – just a love of the water and willingness to become a dynamic fitness leader! Please note that candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory & practical assessment).
We strongly recommend that you register and review materials prior to the training”. The onsite workshop will be guided by a Certified Master Trainer with focus on learning a variety of basic moves and techniques to plan a safe, effective and enjoyable lesson plan.
Early bird Registration Date: April 13, 2023
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer Kristen Cassell
- practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Comprehensive manual with study guide questions and answers
- Unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App (downloadable from App Store or Google Play on all smart devices) for six months for non members or unlimited streaming as long as you are Enthusiast/Certified member: OR via Vimeo Video Streaming which views on both computers/smart devices
- V230-Intro to Shallow & Deep Programming
- V207 Shallow Water Lesson Planning
- V206 Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V181 Cardio Combo’s in Shallow Water
- V178 Shallow H2O Working Positions
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- DVD092 Julie’s Favorite Exercise Techniques
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V188 Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- DVD008 Advanced Deep H2O Training
- V193 Deep Noodles
- V190 Combo teaching Shallow & Deep
- V208 Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V211 Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- V284 How to Complete the Exam process
- 5 Laminated pool reference cards
- Comprehensive Certification Examination Process (theory & practical assessment)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART examination process (theory & practical assessment). You may do online or open ended exam and virtual practical via Zoom.
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
- Instructor manual is required for your to reference once Certified – also full of helpful information. Candidates may request manual ship in advance or pick up at the workshop if you register prior to early-bird date.
Master Trainer & More Information:
Please connect with Kris Cassell or WaterART Fitness
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up for outdoor pool
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear