This session is for anyone interested in facilitating a more mindful approach to aqua fitness. Explore ways to develop physical and mental strength, co-ordination and rejuvenation to help your students heal their bodies. This session will provide a practical approach for various mind-body techniques including: yoga, Tai-chi, Pilates, stretching and relaxation training using the properties and protection of the water.
The goal is to keep your patrons moving throughout with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program. Explore equipment for this program for assistance and resistance.
1500-220729-MINDBODY-Media-PA (full PDF flyer) SKU: 220729-CTW009-MediaPA
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer
- Ideally register in advance to review the materials.
- WaterART Mind Body H2O Instructor Manual (200 pages) This will need to be shipped to you.
- 5 Laminated Cards and Study Guide Questions & Answers to review for examination process
- Online streaming of the following videos via WaterART Fitness Educational App (works on smart devices such as phones and tablets) surcharge for Vimeo option or DVDs :
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Vimeo Video streaming (is a link and password which works on all devices) or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Specialty Certification Examination Process (theory exam only if currently qualified)
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 8.0 CEC’s for WaterART, OFC
- Updated Certifications of Existing WaterART qualifications for two years when successful
- materials may be shipped out in advance and videos are accessible when order marked paid.
- Recorded training of mind body event for 3 months after the training.
- For virtual session – you will need some type of smart device or computer to stream the education (via internet) with video and mic. You simply link on to the Zoom App (if you are new to this we can run a test for you and help you set up). We recommend having enough space to practice the moves and a chair to simulate how you will show exercises on deck. You do not need a pool for this session.
This popular session will be perfect for professionals who want to learn or review mind body techniques. This session will explore both shallow and deep water depths and you may simply move on land (as if on deck) to learn and teach this type of a gentle program. You do not need a pool to become a part of this event. Covid-19 crisis has caused many challenges to our fitness industry and this is a way to expand your repertoire for teaching mindful movement water fitness classes.
To view virtual session – you will need some type of smart device or computer to stream the education (via internet). There is no downloading or logging in required. Candidates simply link to the workshop training via a link WaterART emails you the day before the program.
- Theory Mind Body H2O Tutorial This power point presentation will review the principles of Mind Body and demonstrate Tai Chi Movements. S t i l l n e s s precedes M o t i o n, S l o w n e s s precedes S p e e d & S o f t n e s s precedes S t r e n g t h. No one knows for sure the exact origins of Tai Chi. Chang-San-Feng, the legendary martial arts master, is reputedly the father and founder. WaterART Tai Chi will provide fluid mobility and a sense of well-being through breathing and relaxation.
- Shallow H2O Tai Chi Shallow H2O Class with Drusilla Leitch This program will how to blend Tai Chi with mindful movement in a 88F pool. With the Covid-19 crisis, we must keep our patrons moving for mobility but be mindful of not working too intense since the virus is airborne. Learning to utilize gentle patterns will help prevent the spread of the virus as well as work more balance and much needed mobility.
- Mind Body Shallow H2O Blend In Water Class with Julie Twynham In 28-32 Celsius or equivalent 82.4 -89.6 Fahrenheit water temperature you may easily blend tai chi, Pilates, yoga and mindful stretching to benefit the mind and body with the rejuvenating properties of water. Learn how to move with posture, poise and style with fluid patterns. This class will be designed to move around your own spot due to the physical distancing requirements for the Covid 19 safety guidelines.
- Yoga Presentation Review an interactive power point presentation with Julie on WaterART Yoga movements using WaterART Principles for general populations. There are many views present of yoga today. Yoga is not a religion, rather a physical and psychological discipline. The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit word YUJ meaning yoke or union. Our goal with adding yoga to our programs is to provide the union of mind, body and soul towards the road of self–realization.
- Tai Chi Program Review a Power Point presentation with Julie on how to create a blended and flowing program using active mobility and moves from Tai chi, Pilates, Yoga.
- How to Stay in the Balance with Clare Prudhomme Whetstone Learn and review how to balance your body with healing energy systems. Tips on how to protect your immune system and keep your chakras in balance.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
Candidates completing Specialty Certification and have a current WaterART Certification will only be required to complete either theory exam OR practical assessment via Skype Face Time to achieve the Specialty level of Qualification (prior to existing qualifications expiring) Anyone new to WaterART or expired qualifications are required to complete both parts of the exam process.