This shallow and/or deep water instructor training program is for anyone interested in facilitating a more mindful approach to fitness. Water exercise is an excellent modality for protecting our joints and healing our bodies. Explore ways to develop physical and mental strength, co-ordination and rejuvenation and how to deliver this information to your students. This educational and includes theoretical information and practical approaches to various mind-body techniques, yoga, Tai-chi, Pilates principles and relaxation training.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program. There will be a live question and answer session prior to lunch and at the end of the day.
1500-220729-MINDBODY-Media-PA (full PDF flyer) SKU: 220729-16CEC-CTW009-MediaPA
Course Registration Fee Includes
- 8 hours of Onsite practical training with Certified Master Trainers Anne Marie Waterhouse
- 8 hours of video viewing via WaterART Fitnes Educational App or Vimeo Video viewing
- 8.0 CECs for your recertification (WaterART, YMCA)
- Complimentary Upgrade of existing qualifications
This popular session will be perfect for professionals who want to learn or review mind body techniques. This session will explore both shallow and deep water depths and you may simply move on land (as if on deck) to learn and teach this type of a gentle program. You do not need a pool to become a part of this event. The pandemic has caused many challenges to our fitness industry and this is a way to expand your repertoire for teaching mindful movement water fitness classes.
To view video – you may choose either WaterART Fitness Educational App which will work on any smart device such as a phone/table or Vimeo video that is a link with a password that will view on any device.
Topics for Video Streaming :
- Theory Mind Body H2O Tutorial This power point presentation will review the principles of Mind Body and demonstrate Tai Chi Movements. S t i l l n e s s precedes M o t i o n, S l o w n e s s precedes S p e e d & S o f t n e s s precedes S t r e n g t h. No one knows for sure the exact origins of Tai Chi. Chang-San-Feng, the legendary martial arts master, is reputedly the father and founder. WaterART Tai Chi will provide fluid mobility and a sense of well-being through breathing and relaxation.
- Shallow H2O Tai Chi Shallow H2O Class with Drusilla Leitch This program will how to blend Tai Chi with mindful movement in a 88F pool. With the Covid-19 crisis, we must keep our patrons moving for mobility but be mindful of not working too intense since the virus is airborne. Learning to utilize gentle patterns will help prevent the spread of the virus as well as work more balance and much needed mobility.
- Mind Body Shallow H2O Blend In Water Class with Julie Twynham In 28-32 Celsius or equivalent 82.4 -89.6 Fahrenheit water temperature you may easily blend tai chi, Pilates, yoga and mindful stretching to benefit the mind and body with the rejuvenating properties of water. Learn how to move with posture, poise and style with fluid patterns. This class will be designed to move around your own spot due to the physical distancing requirements for the Covid 19 safety guidelines.
- Tai Chi Program Review a Power Point presentation with Julie on how to create a blended and flowing program using active mobility and moves from Tai chi, Pilates, Yoga.
- How to Stay in the Balance with Clare Prudhomme Whetstone Learn and review how to balance your body with healing energy systems. Tips on how to protect your immune system and keep your chakras in balance.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
Candidates completing Specialty Certification and have a current WaterART Certification will only be required to complete either theory exam OR practical assessment via Skype Face Time to achieve the Specialty level of Qualification (prior to existing qualifications expiring) Anyone new to WaterART or expired qualifications are required to complete both parts of the exam process.