The course is geared towards very practical and enjoyable education. This program is an exercise design program which will focus on putting a safe, effective and enjoyable program together for many skills and fitness levels. The goal of the program is to help people exercise in the water to move more functionally on land. This session will provide new leaders with a user friendly system so they may start teaching right away. We will review how to plan a successful lesson plan. Focus will be spent on teaching the parts of a class for a balanced and total body program. Get ready to move and learn a variety of basic movements and working positions to provide an excellent shallow water workout. We will review basic water fitness equipment to progress and add variety to your programs.
Earlybird Registration Date: April 15, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer
- Practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Shallow H20 Instructor Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos for six months:
- DVD034 Shallow Water Noodles
- DVD058 Salsa the Aquatic Way!
- DVD059 Fun with Function
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash
- DVD097 Favorite Fit Tips
- DVD098 Know Your Aquatic Muscles
- DVD099 Favourite Shallow H2O Fit Tips
- Laminated reference cards
- WaterART Mitts
- Speciality WaterART certification exam process (If you are currently qualified with Comprehensive WaterART certification you only need to complete the theory exam. New/expired candidates will need to complete both parts of the exam process.)
- Arthritis Instructor Workshop (Saturday)
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
Master Trainer Contact:
Diana Brakel For directions, please contact the Mott Service Desk at 248.674.6360
*If you are a staff member, please contact Diana for coupon code.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear