For successful Deep Water Training (DWT), equipment is required to provide a balance between work and rest (so muscles do not fatigue prior to breathing). WaterART recommends utilizing equipment such as a buoyancy belt or a noodle to assist with the body’s support especially to enhance range of motion with each movement. Working out in deep water is more challenging than in shallow water because, in deep, the body’s center of balance is at the chest whereas, in shallow water, the balance is at the feet that are more easily anchored down to the pool floor. In order to effectively work in deep water, each person must learn and maintain good balance skills to anchor the core muscles against buoyancy.
Earlybird Registration Date: November 4, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- WaterART Deep H2O Training Manual
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD007-Deep H2O Program
- DVD008-Deep H2O Muscles
- DVD035-Deep Noodles
- DVD060-Working with Foam Weights
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 8.0 CECs for WaterART
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Please contact Janet Rollero or phone at (908) 534 1961. Staff members please contact Janet for discount code.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water sessions: Water Fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Land sessions: comfortable clothing in which to move around
- Water bottle
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear for water sessions