The goal of the program is to provide a more athletic approach to fitness classes (weekend warrior through high performance runner). This Certification program will help the Instructor to cross-train their client(s) using the protection and multi-dimensional resistance of water fitness. Intervals of cardiovascular conditioning will be integrated into flexibility and muscular strengthening sets. A runner will need to stretch the tight muscles and strengthen the weak muscles which water exercise does naturally.
Both shallow and deep water formats will be utilized for variety & cross training benefits. Shallow water is utilized for functional benefits and is easier for non swimmers. Deep H2O Training will utilized buoyancy equipment that will allow the athletes to learn to work high intensity without impact or joint stress. An optional advanced session will utilize buoyancy cuffs on the arms and legs with a variety of exercises and progressions. Buoyancy cuffs are advanced equipment for runners who are looking for the highest performance and intensity training.
How to Register
Registration through the City of Toronto BARCODE 3139838
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
$229.00 for resident of City of Toronto OR $274.00 non resident (materials & HST included)
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction with pool sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD083-Shallow H2O Running HITS Program
- DVD056-Deep H2O Running Workout
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately and will be distributed at the event
- Laminated reference cards
- WaterART certification process
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.