We have assembled the best of Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi techniques in a gentle mind-body focus using the added benefits of the aquatic environment.
You will learn to design a complete mind-body exercise program or you may choose to utilized these movements for relaxation and stress relief techniques at the end of your classes. Candidates will also learn how to incorporate these disciplines into a water fitness class design. Please note that Mind Body classes may be facilitated in all temperatures of pools – you just must blend movements so that the patrons stay warm and comfortable. This session will utilize a variety of equipment such as noodles, buoyancy belts, 5 inch air filled balls, dumbells & pilates noodles. You do not have to have all equipment to build a purposeful and enjoyable program; however, this will give you some tools to expand your class design as able.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to market programs either as a separate entity or as part of a regular group exercise program.
How to Register
Registration through the City of Toronto BARCODE 3256485
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
$229.00 for resident of City of Toronto OR $274.00 non resident (materials & HST included)
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction with pool sessions
- Comprehensive Mind Body H20 Instructor Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos for six months:
- DVD014-Mindful Tai Chi
- DVDo47-Pilates and Dance
- DVD065-Mindful Movement
- DVD100-The WaterART System of Exercise Design and Lesson Planning
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately and will be distributed at the event
- Laminated reference cards
- WaterART Mitts
- Comprehensive WaterART certification exam process
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.