All registrations via WaterART Fitness.
With this program you take on onsite training workshop and then you complete the exam process via home study education within 6 months of the onsite training date. This program will examine the most common types of arthritis to better design programs for this clientele. You will learn to modify and progress exercises, and to vary impact and intensity to meet the multi-level needs of group exercise programming. There are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. The balance program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an appropriate intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance.
Early-bird Registration Date: April 15, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of onsite training guided with a Master Trainer
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming via WaterART Fitness App of the following videos for six months (unlimited video if you are a member):
- DVD011 – Shallow H20 Arthritis Program
- DVD036 – Arthritis Noodle Program
- DVD078 – How to Orient a Non Swimmer to Water Exercise
- DVD089 – Arthritis Instructor Tutorials
- DVD090 – Arthritis Mobility Training
- Hard copies of the DVDs or Vimeo video are an option for a surcharge
- Laminated reference cards
- Speciality WaterART certification process (Currently qualified candidates are only required to complete a theory exam. When theory exam is complete then all qualifications are updated for two years from passing date).
- Certificate of course completion
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART, OFC, YMCA, AFPA, AEA, ACE when exams are completed
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion
Master Trainer: Michelle Monforton
*If you are a staff member at this facility, please contact Michelle for staff or member discount coupon.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear
More Questions? Contact Us