AQUATIC ARTHRITIS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
Examine the most common types of arthritis to better design programs for this clientele. Learn to modify and progress exercises, and to vary impact and intensity to meet the multi-level needs. There are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. This balanced program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an appropriate intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and resistive paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance
Earlybird Registration Date: November 4, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- WaterART workshop handouts, manual with study guide questions & answers
- Guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer
- 8 hours of lecture & pool time
- Online streaming of the following videos for six months:
- DVD011 Arthritis Shallow H2O Program
- DVD036 Shallow H2O Noodles
- DVD078 Entry Level Program for Non-swimmers
- DVD089 Arthritis Instructor Tutorials
- DVD090 Arthritis Mobility Training
- WaterART Mitts (choose size)
- Certificate of course completion
- Specialty Certification examination process (If you are currently qualified with Comprehensive WaterART certification you only need to complete the theory exam. New/expired candidates will need to complete both parts of the exam process.)
- Automatic renewal & upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- 8 CECs for WaterART, AEA, ACE (You may petition other organizations).
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Please contact Janet Rollero or phone at (908) 534 1961. Staff members please contact Janet for discount code.
What to Bring
- Lunch or snack
- for water sessions please bring Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.