Examine the most common types of arthritis to better design programs for this clientele. Learn to modify and progress exercises, and to vary impact and intensity to meet the multi-level needs. There are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. This balanced program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an appropriate intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and resistive paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance.
How to Register
Registration through the City of Toronto Barcode #3250490
First Time Registration: Please Call 416-396-7378 to set up an account with our customer service representatives. Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Please ask for your family pin and client numbers (keep handy for future registrations).
Already have a client number: Simply log on to https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp. You will need your family pin and client numbers.
$229.00 City of Toronto residents (includes materials & HST)
$274.00 Non residents (includes materials & HST)
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer
- Practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos for six months:
- DVD011-Shallow H20 Arthritis Program
- DVD036-Arthritis Noodle Program
- DVD078-How to Orient a Non-Swimmer to Water Exercise
- DVD089-Arthritis Instructor Tutorials: A guided Master Trainer PowerPoint
- DVD090-Arthritis Mobility Training
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately and will be distributed at the event
- Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART certification process (practical assessment is assessed last day of course)
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
What to Bring:
- Lunch and/or snacks (there is no cafeteria onsite)
- Free parking outdoors (and indoor garage if needed)
- Wear comfortable & layered clothing to move around
- Water bottle
- Pen, paper
- Athletic shoes or water shoes