This program is the entry level program for learning how to teach a basic aquatic fitness class. Whether you are new to the water, a lifeguard or just want to become an aquatic fitness Instructor – this is the program you should begin with. We will explore a variety of movements, techniques and basic body and working positions for both shallow & deep water depths. This intensive training will provide leaders with functional techniques to design safe and effective sessions for a variety of ages, fitness and skill levels. This foundation program will provide you with a complete overview of how to facilitate a safe, effective and enjoyable general group exercise program. You will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) applications to build a well-balanced program which includes exercises to target the cardiovascular system as well as balance the body with stretching, posture and strengthening exercises. NO experience necessary just a love of the water and helping people to move. You will have up to six months after the training to complete the examination process. All exams and marking templates are in the manual to help become successful as an Certified Instructor.
Earlybird Registration Date: TBA
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer
- practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos for six months:
- DVD001 The Art of Exercise Science
- DVD003 Beginner Muscles
- DVD008 Advanced Deep H2O Workout
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- DVD080 Instructor Review (4 parts)
- DVD092 Julie’s Favorite Exercises
- DVD100 The Art of Lesson Planning
- Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately and will be distributed at the event
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART certification process
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Please contact WaterART Fitness directly.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear