One day training + full home study option.
This program is the entry level program for learning how to teach a basic aquatic fitness class. Whether you are new to the water, a lifeguard or just want to become an aquatic fitness Instructor – this is the program you should begin with. We will explore a variety of movements, techniques and basic body and working positions for both shallow & deep water depths. This intensive training will provide leaders with functional techniques to design safe and effective sessions for a variety of ages, fitness and skill levels. This foundation program will provide you with a complete overview of how to facilitate a safe, effective and enjoyable general group exercise program. You will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) applications to build a well-balanced program which includes exercises to target the cardiovascular system as well as balance the body with stretching, posture and strengthening exercises. NO experience necessary just a love of the water and helping people to move. You will have up to six months after the training to complete the examination process. All exams and marking templates are in the manual to help become successful as an Certified Instructor.
Early bird Registration Date: Sept 1, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer with practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming via WaterART Fitness APP of the following videos:
- DVD001 The Art of Exercise Science
- DVD003 Beginner Muscles
- DVD008 Advanced Deep H2O Workout
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- DVD080 Instructor Review (4 parts)
- DVD092 Julie’s Favorite Exercises
- DVD100 The Art of Lesson Planning
- Option for Vimeo Video streaming or Hard copies of the DVDs can be purchased (choose drop down option)
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- 6 months after the training to complete the Comprehensive WaterART examination process (theory & practical assessment) which may be completed online or via skype/facetime video
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
Master Trainer Contact
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear
Whether you complete onsite training or home study education – you will receive same materials. The benefit with onsite training is the guided practical training with a Certified Master Trainer. If this event doesn’t run or postpones or you don’t feel well – you may still finish and meet the requirement of your certification. We will reconfirm your registration a week prior to the event -to let you know what to expect and any changes of venue. Our goal is to follow through and create a safe and enjoyable learning environment. Please note that we do not refund the fees with this event -we simply postpone the venue or candidates may opt for home study education.
Download Full Flyer Here: 1500-200912-derby-KS