The goal of this program is to provide regular and consistent exercise for the older population that will improve their overall physical health. The Gentle Sit and Stand program can improve the quality of life by decreasing pain, swelling, and stiffness while increasing joint range of motion, agility, balance and strength. This program is recommended for residential care for the 80+ population and will focus on providing a variety of tools and resources to build a safe, effective and purposeful program to include, for example, balance and fall prevention training, muscular strength training to prevent muscle atrophy, posture training for alleviating stress on the spine, movement and reducing repetitive stress injuries, dementia and mental changes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), osteoarthritis and the many other conditions that fall into the arthritic category, osteoporosis, vision issues including age-related macular degeneration (AMD) cataracts, hearing loss, replacement joints (hips, knees) or shoulders or ankle mobility issues, neuromuscular disorders including Parkinson’s Disease, MS, etc..
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Online streaming of the following videos:
- DVD101-Tutorial: Intro to Sit & Stand Gentle Senior Program,
- DVD102-Tutorial: Learning Range of Motion for Mobility
- DVD103-Tutorial: Learn Your Muscles – Stretch and Strengthen using a Chair
- DVD104-Basic Sit and Stand Program
- DVD105-Fit Tips for Designing a Safe and Effective Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program
- DVD106-Functional Sit & Stand Chair Exercise Program with Fit Bands
- DVD107-Sit & Stand Chair Exercise with Broadway and Golf Tubes
- DVD108-Seated Chair Exercise Using with Tubing with Handles
- Laminated reference cards
- WaterART certification process
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Pamela Genge or phone at (519) 532-8717. Staff members please contact Pam for discount code.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothing
- Pen and paper