Zoom (virtual training): Friday October 15 (2-4pm)
In pool (onsite training): Friday October 22, 2-4pm – Sawmill Creek Pool, 3380 D’Aoust ave, Ottawa, ON
(Maximum # of participants – 18 people – City of Ottawa will pay for this session but must be staff of City of Ottawa to register for this session)
Our WaterART leadership journey takes participants through both theory and practical sessions. Adriana Affinito, the Master Trainer will lead review both theoretical (virtually) and practical (in the pool ) sessions to help you plan a purposeful and varied aqua fitness program for both swimmers and non swimmers. The workshop will provide candidates with a template for blending exercise science utilizing the protection of the properties of water.
Learn and review the following topics:
- Updated Covid-19 Practical Safety guidelines for both Instructor and Patron safety
- How to teach a Shallow & Deep Aqua Fitness program (simultaneously) for more space which is required for covid safety
- Keeping your programs varied without too much equipment (deep water programming requires buoyancy belt)
- Keep your Troops Moving and Stay in Charge as an Instructor
- Cardiovascular Combinations with Moves
- 1,2,3 Strategy
The above sessions will keep your classes safe, balanced with total body fitness program.
Please note that all candidates will be required to have a camera/mic viewing on Zoom theory session. This is not recorded. You simply access the link when we confirm your registration (we email you a link that will work with any smart device or computer with mic/camera).
Course Registration Includes
- 4 hours of Virtual guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer with Adriana Affinito
- Additionally you receive online streaming via WaterART Fitness App (when registration is paid and logged in) of the following videos for six months (Non Member) and unlimited viewing as long as you are Member:
- There are no quizzes for CEC’s when taking an virtual course – yet you receive 4.0 CECs hours for WaterART for your recertification or certificate for other organizations.