AQUATIC ARTHRITIS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION -limited to 9 registrants
Examine the most common types of arthritis to better design programs for this clientele. Learn to modify and progress exercises, and to vary impact and intensity to meet the multi-level needs. There are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. This balanced program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an appropriate intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and resistive paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance.
We strongly recommend that Certification candidates register and review materials ” prior to the training” as training will be more practical information and review of lesson plan. Candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory exam OR practical presentation). Practical assessment may be done via Skype/Face time or Goggle video upload.
Full Flyer Download Here: 100-201017-charelstonsc
Earlybird Registration Date: October 5, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes
- WaterART Arthritis Instructor Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer
- 8 hours of lecture & pool time
- Study Guide Questions & Answers for self study
- Online streaming of the following videos via WaterART Fitness app:
- Vimeo video streaming for computers or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately. All product orders additionally receive App video streaming.
- Laminated pool reference cards
- WaterART Mitts (choose size S, M, L, XL)
- Certificate of course completion
- Specialty Certification examination process (If you are currently qualified with Comprehensive WaterART certification you only need to complete the theory exam. New/expired candidates will need to complete both parts of the exam process.)
- Automatic renewal & upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- 8 CECs for WaterART, AEA, ACE (You may petition other organizations).
SKU: 700-Charleston-201024 100-201017-charelstonsc
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Contact Master trainer Sharon McDonnell via email: email@example.com or Tel: (843) 301-0827. Staff members please contact Emma Marie Clark (Fitness Director) on Tel: 843-518-6635 for staff discount code.
What to Bring
- Please bring lunch and/or snacks
- Water sessions: Water Fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Land sessions: comfortable clothing in which to move around
- Water bottle
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear for water sessions