This workshop will provide leaders with onsite learning and practical techniques (classroom & pool time). The WaterART system of exercise design is a user friendly system to help people exercise in the water to derive benefits and better function on land. Focus will be at the workshop on practical tools to learn how to teach movement as well as experiencing a variety of class styles and presentations techniques. The Master Trainer will guide instructors through a variety of movements, working or body positions and styles of programs. Aqua fitness equipment will be reviewed to progress and add variety to your aqua fitness programs.
Specific topics for workshops include:
- Shallow H2O Splash: Review how to build a creative shallow aqua fitness program utilizing working positions to vary impact and intensity. Learn hundreds of movement variations and techniques provide with and without a noodle to better provide multi-level options and opportunities for your participants to benefit with water exercise. The course is geared towards very practical and enjoyable education. This workshop will focus on putting a safe, effective and enjoyable and balanced program together. Time will be spent on visual and verbal cuing to masterfully blend cardiovascular sets with muscular strengthening and stretching. Focus will be spent on teaching the parts of a class for a balanced and total body program
- Cool Warm Ups & Hot Warm Downs:Whether teaching a group of high energy athletes or a program for people with movement problems or anyone with fitness levels in between, the warm up component is the time to set the level and tone for the upcoming program. There is such a wide variety of aquatic programs available it is important that each Instructor learns to customize warm up movements to suit the level of the individuals attending the class. The same applies to the warm down. How long should it be? What moves should be included to get people out of the pool safely. Learn safe stretching moves and relaxation techniques to make sure they end the program in a successful frame of mind and can’t wait to come back for more. Take the time to be successful at the beginning of a program and finish as a winner with a complete program.
Early-bird Registration Date: September 5, 2021
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of training (theory & pool time)
- 8.0 CECs for WaterART and AEA
- 3 hours Practical pool time and 5 hours onsite education
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness “Educational App” for six months
- V206- Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V175-Back to Basics
- V178-Shallow H2O Working Positions
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Contact Information for YMCA of NWNC staff:
Please contact Mitsuko Sugimoto 704 873 9622 for YMCA of NWNC staff rate and registration. Everyone else please register with WaterART Fitness (1 866 543 8938) or by logging in and adding this item to your shopping cart & check out.
Please contact Mitsuko Sugimoto 704 873 9622 for YMCA NC staff rate and registration. Everyone else please register with WaterART Fitness 1 866 543 8938 or add this item to your shopping cart & check out.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack,
- for water sessions please bring Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s),
- for land sessions wear comfortable clothing to move around in
- Towel/cover up,
- Pen, paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.