This workshop will provide leaders with onsite learning and practical techniques (classroom & pool time). The WaterART system of exercise design is a user friendly system to help people exercise in the water to derive benefits and better function on land. Focus will be at the workshop on practical tools to learn how to teach movement as well as experiencing a variety of class styles and presentations techniques. The Master Trainer will guide instructors through a variety of movements, working or body positions and styles of programs. Aqua fitness equipment will be reviewed to progress and add variety to your aqua fitness programs.
Specific topics for workshops include:
- Noodle Gym: The noodle has become the most recognizable piece of equipment at the pool. Aqua fitness noodles may be used in most every program and every depth of water. The unskilled can be provided with support to walk with confidence in shallow water. The more skilled can challenge balance standing, sitting kneeling or riding in deep or shallow water. This session offers a selection of noodle exercises showing the many adaptations or progressions that can be used to accommodate a wide variety of participants within the same class.
- Mind Body Programming: Enjoy a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai chi. Discover ways to blend mind body techniques and aquatic exercise into your present program or to develop a stand alone program. Mindful movements will help your clients to increase your breathing, flexibility, core stability, coordination, muscular endurance and enhance your posture all using the healing properties of water. Enhance your posture using the relaxing and healing properties of water. This program can be designed for either shallow and deep water or a combination of both.
Early-bird Registration Date: September 5, 2021
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of training (theory & pool time)
- 8.0 CECs for WaterART and AEA
- Practical pool time and onsite education
- Video streaming via WaterART fitness App (Download the App from google play or App store) for unlimited viewing if you are a member and for six months otherwise
Contact Information for YMCA of NWNC staff:
Please contact Mitsuko Sugimoto 704 873 9622 for YMCA of NWNC staff rate and registration. Everyone else please register with WaterART Fitness (1 866 543 8938) or by logging in and adding this item to your shopping cart & check out.
What to Bring:
- Lunch and/or snack,
- for water sessions please bring Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s),
- for land sessions wear comfortable clothing to move around in
- Towel/cover up,
- Pen, paper to take your own notes (you may download your handouts when head office marks order paid in full)
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.